Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Soo Wagyu, how would you have prepared it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• _John_
    commented on 's reply
    Guy I get Bulleit Rye really cheaply here, I use that, Angostura bitters, some orange bitters, teaspoon of sugar. Triple a normal recipe I usually don't have fresh orange on hand, hence the orange bitters, and sometimes I use a moonshine soaked cherry I get by the jar here locally.

• scorched_porch
    commented on 's reply
    A Top Notch Malbec. Argentine. Built for Beef.

• Craigar
    commented on 's reply
    I would go with a glass of each so as not to make the others jealous.

• CandySueQ
    replied
    Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post

Answer... Yes
    Merlot!

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    commented on 's reply
    So be it...LOL!!

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    I would not do anything to it until I get a perfect 8 by 10 framed and on the wall, gloss

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds like a 24 hour cook there for sure.

• Ernest
    replied
    Dry brine for a minimum of 48 hours, rub it down with fish sauce and fresh cracked black pepper.
    Oak and a little pecan. And I'd probably fight with the smoker to keep it between 200-230. Oh yeah I'd go very low and very slow!
    I'd buy a batch of toothpicks to taste doneness. Wrap it in brand new towels then into a Faux cambro for at least 3 hour.

Leave a comment:

• Guy
    commented on 's reply
    John love Old Fashions too. How do you do yours? When you have a minute.

• David Parrish
    replied
    Originally posted by Huskee View Post
    The real question is does it deserve an ice cold Stella Artois or nice glass of bold Zin or Cabernet?
    Answer... Yes

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    I know me and I wouldn't get much of it, I would have over like 50 people to try it. Anyone that asked for sauce would be served bologna with Sweet Baby Rays.
    I'm more of a liquor man myself, always love an Old Fashioned.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    I'd love to cook one. I'd dry brine it 48 hrs, then BBBR. Red oak logs @240ish. Probe it around 180-190, pull it when tender, and hold for 2hrs.

The real question is does it deserve an ice cold Stella Artois or nice glass of bold Zin or Cabernet?

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    started a topic Harry Soo Wagyu, how would you have prepared it

Harry Soo Wagyu, how would you have prepared it

Came across this article, I would be crazy nervous to do anything to it and would probably stay up all night with the smoker just protecting it or something.

Here is a pic of it raw to entice you.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG4527_cs-568x320.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	75752

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here