Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steak dilema.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do I feel another amendment to the constitution might be coming? Is it the first cold spell in the midwest or the full moon?

Comment

• aladdin4d
      aladdin4d commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm blaming the forum software update. I think it was infected with a Twitter virus.

I was going to say the reverse sear works perfectly. My mom likes fillets and my dad and I like Ribeye's. Even if they are the same thickness, they seem to cook at different speeds.

I rest steaks for 20-30 minutes after the slow-cook part of the process anyways. So while one is finishing the get-up-to-temp part, the other is starting it's rest.

then you sear them all at the same time, after they're all rested. boom done.

Comment

Our theory on this is super simple works the best. The more complicated the process becomes then the opportunity for more mistakes will be made.
      We season and marinate using the same recipe and cook hot and fast separately to ensure perfection to each order. (Her really rare at 115 internal and I’m a med at 135 internal)
      After reaching those temps on the GrillGrates we wrap tightly in foil and rest for 20-30 minutes to allow the muscle to "untense" from the cooking process.
      Both of us get what we want in the end and that’s the ending goal.
      Just how we handle that same situation at our house.
      Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here