Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good video on beef butcher cuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good video on beef butcher cuts

Found this today on the Bon Appetit channel on YouTube demonstrating a half cow cut. This was just a demo cut. Imagine how fast the cut goes in real time!

Last edited by DJ DeSpain; October 3, 2019, 11:18 PM.

Thanks. Really well done with great explanations. Wish he were my butcher.

Comment

Thank you, really informative video.
      I thought I knew about butchering beef, apparently not so much but better now.
      I'm with Donw, I need this guy to open up a shop down the street.

Comment

Thanks for posting. That was pretty interesting.

Comment

So know I need some chain maille to round out my kitchen attire.
          Last edited by Bkhuna; October 4, 2019, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks, very interesting. Now I know how much I don't know and its alot.

Comment

The Bearded Butchers have a good video on doing a side of beef also. In this, they brought in a second forequarter and did one all boneless cuts and the other one bone in. But it's over an hour long.
              Last edited by Dewesq55; October 4, 2019, 02:14 PM. Reason: Auto-correct inserted an obscenity. Sorry for that.

Comment

Very interesting. There are cuts there that were not there when I grew up and some that have remained as favorites and some than that are new.

Comment

I love videos like this. Whenever I watch one I end up watching a few more and I am always amazed how they take a big, somewhat unrecognizable hunk of meat and a few seconds later, BANG, you have some beautiful steaks.

Comment

When he donned the chain mail, I was thinking that was a bit overkill, until I saw some the cuts he makes in which he is pulling and obviously extremely sharp knife towards himself with a great deal of force!

Comment

• Dan Deter
                      Dan Deter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      NC State BBQ camp they showed us how to take a side of hog apart. The guy doing it said he always uses the chainmail after nearly slicing his arm off once, and he knows plenty of guys who have stabbed themselves in the gut...

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here