Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cman60
    replied
    I actually prefer Chuck Roast to Brisket when it comes to price and taste. I seem to get better results with the Chuck Roast and they give the options of slicing, pulling or burnt ends. I'm doing a whole brisket for Easter so I will have another opportunity to work on my flat and point. I think this time I will put a tray of baked beans under the brisket to catch the juices.

Leave a comment:

• Quintin "Q"
    commented on 's reply
    Cherry wood red 😄

• Quintin "Q"
    replied
    My favorite part is the point whether sliced or cubed for burnt ends. I've only done burnt ends twice, so I usually slice. But it all comes down to preference.

Leave a comment:

• Guy
    commented on 's reply
    Huskee, pricey is right I paid $7.58 a pound for a Point this morning at Wally World. Hope it turns out or I better have a rib eye for my wife at that price.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I've only done 3, maybe 4 briskets in my life (pricey around here), and I sliced all of it, point included. I liked the point slices better than the flat (juicier & such )but they did want to fall apart more. I have never done burnt ends to know better, I wasn't interested I guess. I'm the wrong guy to ask about technique & preferences due to lack of experience, Jerod is obviously the brisket guru.

• Guy
    commented on 's reply
    John probably come about whatever they want them too. It the don't sell they make them something else. Grinding or whatever.

• Guy
    replied
    Thanks man.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Here is some awesome burnt ends I did for a birthday party down the road. This was right before I sauced.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4briskt9.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	74391 Click image for larger version

Name:	4briskt8.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	261.5 KB
ID:	74392 Click image for larger version

Name:	4briskt10.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	249.1 KB
ID:	74393
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; March 26, 2015, 06:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    No. I cube it. Check out Meathead's burnt end recipe on the Brisket page.

I hand inspect, since some of those side pieces are waaaay too fatty. Once cubed, they can easily go another hour in the smoker. After tha I will then sauce and broil in the oven, stirring often to get a cookin' of the sauce all around.

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Nah. They all wrapped up. I'll be getting up at 2 am, then at 4 am, then at 8 am, not sure what my name will be at those times.

• Guy
    replied
    Jerod and Huskee, do you slice Brisket Point?

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    That looks like a pellet smoker "smoke ring." NICE!!!!

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    1. It takes some doing to remove the flat.

2. If people pay for it.....

• Quintin "Q"
    replied
    brisket pic from last weekend
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    Really weird, the flats here are double what packers cost, which would just be the point. Not sure how these prices come about.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here