Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snake River Farms wagyu vs. Creekstone Farms prime brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snake River Farms wagyu vs. Creekstone Farms prime brisket

I have a coupon to SRF, so the price ends up being almost the same. Anyone have experience with both these briskets? Preferences? Personally, I’ve had only so-so experiences with SRF in the past. Delicious meat, but I thought their prime steaks and pork were priced a little high for the taste. That being said, their wagyu ribeye was one of the best I’ve had.

Sorry I can't be of specific help. I have had SRF Wagyu products and they are pretty great. But great is a subjective term. If it's bang for the buck it's generally only kind of great. Never had CF. Curious you're comparing wagyu to prime, don't think that's a fair comparison.

I do order meat online for certain products I can't get but always urge people to source locally if you can. Ordering on line has been a crap shoot for me, you just don't know what you're getting half the time. It's like letting people do your shopping for you and having it delivered to the house. Sorry but I wanna pick out my own stuff.

Regardless, give one of them a try and let us know what you think. Good luck !!!

Comment

I will add my two cents, worth only a penny tomorrow. If you like the mouth feel and flavor that the Waygu gives you and can get it for the price of prime go ahead. I personally have never developed a taste for Waygu after trying it several times. There is even one famous steak house where I will not eat my favorite prime ribeye and stick with a strip as the ribeye has to much fat in it.

It is all what you like and only you know what that is. The difference in grading is done at the rib primal. So go with your taste buds and get what you like.

Comment

Troutman mountainsmoker Thanks! I'll probably go with the SRF this time (because I have the coupon) and the CF next time. I would love to do a head to head comparison, but that's just way too much brisket for the wife and me.

Comment

I have not ordered from either place but Franklin's in Austin uses Creekstone Farms. I've had his brisket and it is really good.

Comment

• mountainsmoker
            mountainsmoker commented
            Editing a comment
            I had forgotten that Creekstone was Franklin's supplier. There have been some negative comments on the website about quality of the brisket that people have received do to that. So make sure you ask for top quality and not accept anything else.

I’ve ordered both, but only one time each so my experience may not be typical. The SRF wagyu black grade brisket was way better than Creekstone Farms.

Comment

Get the RR Ranch prime brisket from SRF. You can use the coupon, so you will pay less and still get excellent quality.

I’ve had all three, and they are all great. The RR is the best value, because the difference between that and the black grade isn’t that much. Big jump to gold grade, though.

Comment

• Smoking77
              Smoking77 commented
              Editing a comment
              Mosca I mustn't drink 4 bourbons and buy gold grade. I mustn't drink 4 bourbons and buy gold grade. I mustn't...

• Mosca
              Mosca commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh but you must... if not now, when? Down the road at full price?

• Smoking77
              Smoking77 commented
              Editing a comment
              Get out of my head!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here