Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Brisket Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime Brisket Price

So I found a local butcher that has prime full packer briskets for $6.99/lb. Granted not many options here in NJ but does that price sound outrageous? I am thinking given shipping etc to order outside of NJ doesn’t seem that bad to me.

It's relative to your location. Coscto has prime packers for as low as $299/lb, from what I've seen. I think $6.99/lb is still better than the online prices I'm aware of, so not terrible.

Comment

When I was living in Florida before the Costco there started carrying briskets the only ones I found locally were choice briskets for $7 or $8 per pound. $6.99 for prime briskets from a butcher shop isn't outrageous for most parts of the country.

Comment

Beggars can’t really be choosers in this neck of the woods so I think I’ll try one out and see how it is.

Comment

That's not unreasonable for prime. And with brisket I think the extra cost of prime is worth the end result anyway.

Comment

I’m in Westchester county NY. Neither Costco’s nor supermarkets around here ever carry packets. Finally found some at Sams Club in Elmsford, NY. Prime packers for about $3.29/lb if memory serves me correct. A special order from one of my local butchers would’ve been $9.99/lb. So considering where you are it isn’t outrageous but not great.

Comment

Local butcher to me is ~$9 per pound. Agreed that it's relative to where you live.

Comment

We're somewhere between $3.49 and $3.79/lb for commodity prime full packer briskets at Houston Costcos. Grocery stores pretty much match those prices. I also occasionally buy American Wagyu at $6.99/lb. CAB full packers run about $5.99/lb from my butcher (comparable to prime).

I'd have a hard time spending $7-8-9/lb. That's what they sell prime ribeyes for on sale.

Comment

I pay $3.99 at Costco in Superior, Colorado for a full packer prime.

Comment

Just picked up a Prime full packer at my local butcher for $7.99/lb. My local Costco hasn't had them for 2 months at least. Still cheaper than buying online.

Comment

I've stopped looking at the price per pound.
                      "If" I can find a brisket locally for less than $75 I just go for it.
                      Figure the wife will forgive me when I cook it....usually works....

Comment

Bought this today, figured i’d Smoke in honor of my 13 year old boxer who i’m Putting down Saturday am. He’s my shadow. Gonna miss him. Just figured do a nice long cookin memory of him.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• jerrybell
                          jerrybell commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Oh damn. Sorry to hear about the doggo. I'll bet he believes he's had a good life.

• ifican
                          ifican commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Costco did away with full packers around here and are going to everywhere from what i hear.

• Deeremaxx
                          Deeremaxx commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sorry about your buddy

Your regular grocery stores here have flats but the price is insane $40 + for a 5-6lb flat, sorry not doing that. Couple times one of the specialty Italian grocery stores and full briskets for $3.99/lb and I have gotten a couple. I guess I need to move!!!

Comment

I paid $2.99 per pound for the 13 pound prime brisket I have in my freezer. Got it from Costco.

Comment

I'm on Long Island and get prime packers for $5.99/lb. granted they are smallish (12lb pre trim), but quality is very good. Main St Meats in Farmingdale

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here