Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Favorite Grillin/Smokin Leftover Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Favorite Grillin/Smokin Leftover Recipe

Sometimes we look just as forward to the leftovers as we do the dish we are grilling or smoking. We have a few, but lately we have really been loving our Leftover Tri-Tip Stroganoff. Easy to do and very satisfying. Here it is. What's your favorite grillin/smokin leftover dish?

LEFTOVER TRI-TIP STROGANOFF
    • Left over Tri-tip (~ 1 lb.), sliced into strips
    • Oil
    • Seasoned flour (salt, pepper, granulated garlic, granulated onion, paprika)
    • Sm. Brown Onion, thinly sliced
    • 1/2 lb. Brown Mushrooms, thinly sliced
    • 1 C. Beef Broth
    • Healthy Dash of Worcestershire Sauce
    • 1 C. Sour Cream
    • 3 Tbsp. Parsley, minced
    • Salt/Pepper
    • Cooked rice or Egg noodles
    1. Heat oil in skillet. Dredge TT strips in seasoned flour. Brown strips in skillet. Remove and set aside.
    2. Add onion (more oil if needed) and sauté until tender (do not brown). Add mushrooms and sauté till tender.
    3. Add TT back to skillet and any leftover drippings or sauce. Add broth and Worcestershire Sauce. Bring to simmer.
    4. Stir in Sour Cream, simmer, stirring often to desired consistency. Thin with additional broth if desired.
    5. Adjust seasoning with salt/pepper if necessary.
    6. Serve over rice or noodles. Garnish with parsley.

Bon Appetite.

Not too long ago, I had a bit of this brisket leftover (yes, I know that's a failure of sorts, but I was saving some for a friend and his trip out of town took longer than I expected). Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1546.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	742655

The brisket was cooked with a rub of salt, pepper and brown sugar. There might have been a little smoked paprika, too. I don't wrap, and in my Kamado #9 I have replaced the ceramic heat deflector with a stainless steel (Baking Steel) disk so I get even radiant heat. I had water in the drip pan and don't wrap. The cook was at 225F and I took the meat off and wrapped in foil for an hour at around 190F. Smoke was from some hickory chunks in with the natural lump charcoal.

So I made some chili with the leftover brisket, mostly following Kenji Lopez-Alt's Texas Bowl-o-Red recipe, but added some fresh poblano and beans. I simmered it quite a while, until the brisket began to fall apart a little bit. The flavor was out of this world. Even put the last of it on some chili dogs for leftovers squared or something like that.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1559 (2).jpg
Views:	199
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	742656

Comment

Biscuits and gravy. With brisket gravy instead of sausage gravy. I eyeball everything but next time I make it I will pay attention and write it down.

Comment

Take anything leftover from the smoker and wrap in a tortilla, add some beans, herbs and onions, and salsa, and we are happy.

Comment

Biscuits and anything in a gravy if you live south of the Mason-Dixon line.

Comment

Cheesesteak sandwiches... chicken or beef or ?

Comment

I’ve posted this before, but it’s still my favorite.

Brisket Benedict:
              Microwave leftover frozen brisket just enough to separate the slices.
              fry the leftover sliced brisket in a CI pan, put on plate
              fry eggs in brisket fat in same pan.
              Top brisket with eggs and top with hollandaise

Click image for larger version

Name:	ABAC7922-3E85-41A6-AC0E-1AC3F5101B9C.jpeg
Views:	247
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	742765

Comment

Large take-and-bake cheese pizza with left over smoked chuckie on top. Great when you're in a hurry.

Comment

Same as above with frozen pizza and any leftover meat. I also am the omelet king in our house so any leftover meat can end up in one also.

Comment

My wife makes spicy pulled pork burritos.

Comment

• TripleB
                      TripleB commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Does she make a burrito sauce to go with it?

• Craigar
                      Craigar commented
                      Editing a comment
                      TripleB yes she does! I'm not quite sure of the concoction as I'm not allowed in the kitchen when she makes these as I tend to suggest ingredients, techniques, etc.

Brisket enchiladas with homemade sauce from homegrown peppers.

Comment

Smoked Creamed Chicken Sandwiches

Smoked Chicken
                      Cream of Chicken Soup
                      Lay's Potato Chips
                      Fresh Ground Black Pepper

Shred a bunch of smoked chicken
                      Mix together the chicken with a can or two of cream of chicken soup in a sauce pan
                      Smash up a bunch of Lay's potato chips (flavor of your choice) and put in the sauce pan
                      Add the black pepper
                      Add water until you get the consistency you want
                      Heat until warm / hot
                      Serve on hamburger rolls

Enjoy

Comment

chicken pot pie with smoked chicken I use one of the food network recipes,make my own crust

Comment

Pulled pork nachos washed down with a cold PBR.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here