Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef Loin Top Sirloin Shell Steak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef Loin Top Sirloin Shell Steak?

Click image for larger version

Name:	C1C8A3F1-8988-4487-9AC7-52A4C3B53394.jpeg
Views:	362
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	740747

I’m not exactly sure what a beef loin top sirloin shell steak but I’ve been getting CAB ones for $5.99/lb. and they are incredible on the grill. Big beefy taste and tender to boot.

Looks like pichanna if it was cut thicker

Comment

Top sirloin cap is the culotte or Picanha. Those appear to be longitudinal cuts of that cap.

Comment

Ah yes the terminology of the grocery stores. Your cut is the back end of the of the loin and the upper layer of the sirloin, since it has the fat layer that a sirloin doesn't have. As you see it has some marbling and a good fat cap. It is a delicious piece of meat.

Comment

Looks like what my store calls Sizzle Steaks or ball tip sizzlers. Went out on a limb with them and was pleasantly surprised that they are great eating on the cheap (for steaks).

Comment

If you cut the fat off and butterfly it, I think that's what our local grocer sells as Sirloin Strips. They are great steaks, especially at $5.99/lb.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here