Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ribeye's for my family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribeye's for my family

So last year I did a DNA test after having a stroke. Good news was I didn't find anything to worry about, better news was, I found my father, brother and 2 sisters. We all hit it off fantastic too. My brother was here for a few days from Alaska with his GF so I had to cook up something special, decided to make 2.5lb Tomahawk rib-eyes on the Rec Tec's and burgers for the kids on the new Rec Tec griddle. I set the Bull at 350 and the 680 at 500 so I brought them up slowly on one then reverse seared on the other. Everything turned out fantastic, good times were had by all and steaks were perfect. What a way to start the holiday weekend.
    Attached Files

Beautiful. My mouth is watering and it's only 8:30. Must stop looking................ya right!

Comment

Thick tomahawks rule !!! Nice grill marks too, still think their sexy !!

Comment

Reverse sear works so perfectly with these, don't know any other way you could do it. They were a perfect pink top to bottom when cut, very little grey, maybe 1/8 of an inch.

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          That's The way to do it.

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          Testify

Very nice!

Comment

Beautiful steak! Great family story, too!

Comment

Wow! You found a fam, amazing.
            Amazing tomahawks also!

Comment

very cool that you found family, and that you were able to share a cook with them. Love those thick steaks!

Comment

I want to be your other brother, not from Alaska but Indiana, nice job.

Comment

The whole family came to our house earlier this year, we had a blast. I put these 6 racks on the Rec Tec Bull and we went to the state fair. came back to some good eatin.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here