Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoking a frozen brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TNPIGBBQ
    replied
    Really curious to see how this turns out.

Pork butts come out at least as good as does turkey breast but it comes from the store that way so it may be flash frozen which is different from what I understand.

Leave a comment:

• TNPIGBBQ
    commented on 's reply
    I actually think they come out a bit better frozen.

• Ahumadora
    commented on 's reply
    Gracias Hawker!!

• Ahumadora
    commented on 's reply
    He loves it when I bring home a smoker from work. Used a 500 gallon RF today. Have it rented to a guy this weekend cooking 200 lbs of brisket.
    Last edited by Ahumadora; November 7, 2019, 05:16 PM.

• HawkerXP
    replied
    feliz cumpleaños a su hijo!

Leave a comment:

• Greygoose
    replied
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the little guy
    I know the shoulder will be OK
    I trust ur sons judgement,,,I know he’s 4,,,has had a lot of good culinary exposure
    what did he think of the brisket ??!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ahumadora
    replied
    Well I only had about 20 kilos of mesquite at the house so I had about 3 hours total cook time. Was rushing with work so tossed it on at 200f with dirty smoke. Cooked it for 3 hours till it was about 120f and I was out of wood. Was also cooking 4 pork shoulders so pulled it all and jammed it ( as it jammed to fit) in the oven and cooked on lowest heat posible till the shoulders hit 200f and pulled it all. Brisket hit 165. I will take it to a bbq class on Sunday and finish it off for the clients to eat. Pork shoulder is for my sons 4th birthday on Saturday.
    Last edited by Ahumadora; November 8, 2019, 03:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ahumadora
    commented on 's reply
    Keeping y'all in suspence....

• Greygoose
    replied
    LOOKIN’ GOOD !
    I think ur on the right track
    What did you think of the taste and texture ?

Leave a comment:

• Ahumadora
    replied
    Finally had the chance today due to cirmustances, (butcher had only measly 7lb briskets) so I opted to pull a half one out of my freezer and go from scratch. Had to spray water on it to get the rub to stick.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    Ahumadora like Steve R. I've smoked butts from frozen, with a rub on the surface, and had good results. I think it adds an hour or two to the cook, but a brisket like you are talking about is probably not as thick as a frozen 8# butt. I think you will be fine.

Leave a comment:

• holehogg
    replied
    I know you going to do this so we swait your results.

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    replied
    I frequently cook butts from frozen, and they turn out just fine in about the normal amount of time. Brisket is a different beast, but I think your plan is solid.

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    replied
    Definitely the smoke ring should be incredible starting out with that cold meat and using one of your stick burners.
    Can’t comment about the bark though. As I have never tried smoking frozen meat before.
    Good luck and please let us know how about this turns out.

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    HawkerXP obviously you’re left handed. 🤣

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here