Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoking a frozen brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Just do it as planed and tell us how it comes out.

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    Mrs H says I lean to the left.

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    Ahumadora that's what she said...

• Troutman
    replied
    I’d QVQ that little flat, only way you’re going to keep it from turning out dry. Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    Great reply!

• Ahumadora
    commented on 's reply
    Never injected any of my meat. Also cant get phosphate solutions for brisket here. I like my meat straight up...

• texastweeter
    replied
    Are you opposed to phosphate injection?

Leave a comment:

• mrteddyprincess
    replied
    I can't wait to read your report!

Leave a comment:

• texastweeter
    replied
    May loose some moisture due to purge. Would be better to dry brine and let sit 48 hours for the salt to work its way deeper before freezing. That way when cooking those ruptured cells that loose the fluid will retain the moisture at least between the fibers better. I dunno though. Never tried it. Do two side by side and maybe a 3rd normal to be a control. I would think a better bark due to the colder meat as well as ring.

Leave a comment:

• Ahumadora
    started a topic Smoking a frozen brisket

Smoking a frozen brisket

Thinking of new ways to deal with thin emaciated briskets with no fat. We can't always have a 18lb Wagu to cook. Maybe dry brine/ rub the day before and toss it in the freezer for the night. Then smoke it 325-350f. By theory it should have more bark and smoke ring. Any thoughts?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ahumadora; August 30, 2019, 05:02 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here