Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Interesting Use for Leftover Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Interesting Use for Leftover Brisket

This sounds, err, interesting - https://barbecuebible.com/recipe/bri...raJg1dTrEB6QQ0

What is this "leftover" brisket you speak of? Could be good, but I didn't like the bacon candy bar I tried. There is a place here with bacon on top of doughnuts that is great though. I typically freeze or make chili with any left after day 2.

Comment

No.
      The bourbon yes.

Comment

Not, in my house. go ahead, tell us how it is ??????

Comment

• pkadare
          pkadare commented
          Editing a comment
          For me the problem isn't really the brisket, it is the sugar and the carbs so I'll have to pass.

I make bourbon bacon grease dark chocolate chip cookies.

Comment

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Well now. What's not to like. Recipe, please?

Kathryn

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, recipe please.
          If there's chocolate chips involved I'm game.

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          Bacon not brisket...........pig brittle 😜👍

Hahaha, I will stick with throwing it in my batch of chili!

Comment

I like brisket. I like cookies. I am thinking of how we put meat on biscuits - this is just a sweet biscuit!

Comment

• Potkettleblack
            Potkettleblack commented
            Editing a comment
            Biscuit? You going British on us, calling a cookie a biscuit?

I generally find the best use of leftover brisket is having leftover brisket. Or tacos. Or a sandwich on good homemade sourdough.

When it's good in the original format, I don't really want to mess with it too much.

Comment

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            agreed, but I like rye

• Potkettleblack
            Potkettleblack commented
            Editing a comment
            Not mutually exclusive... my favorite sourdough has a lot of rye.

First try putting chopped brisket in your mouth, giving it a few chews (but don't swallow), then eat a chocolate chip cookie. If that works go to the recipe. If it doesn't spit it into the garden for some dang good fertilizer.

Comment

Showed the wife and she said " NO"

Comment

Ohellno. I can't imagine hating brisket to the point that I would do that to it.

Comment

No. I am going to pretend I didn't even see this. Kind of like the pumpkin spice spam.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here