Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket Cook For the Pittsburgh Whiskey Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket Cook For the Pittsburgh Whiskey Friends

I took on the task of cooking my very first brisket for the 3rd-anniversary party of my local whiskey club - The Pittsburgh Whiskey Friends. The brisket was a flat that I picked up at Sam's Club. It was 10.75 lbs. I started by trimming the excess fat and cleaning up the edges, then I slathered it with a light coating of Frenches' yellow mustard to make the surface of the meat slightly tacky. I then rubbed the brisket down with Meat Church Holy Cow BBQ Rub. After my prep work was completed, I put the brisket in the refrigerator overnight to allow the rub time to soak in. I started my Trager up at 3:30 am at 225 degrees and placed the brisket along with a water pan for humidity on at 4 am. From there, I checked the brisket every hour and spritzed it with apple cider vinegar to help retain surface moisture. By 10 am the brisket reached an internal temperature of 160 degrees. I removed it from the pit and double wrapped it in aluminum foil and placed it back on at 350 degrees. At approximately 11:45 the brisket reached my target temperature of 205F and I pulled it off and wrapped it in a towel and placed it in a cooler to rest. The meat was pulled from the cooler for serving at 2:45. I sliced it for the group and it was served alongside pulled pork that was prepared by another member along with coleslaw and macaroni and cheese. Both meat offerings were a big hit and the brisket was polished off by the end of the event.
    Attached Files

Sounds like a well rounded get together. Glad everyone enjoyed themselves.

Comment

Congrats on a successful cook!

Comment

I agree - congrats on a successful cook.

Comment

Congrats, looks great.

Comment

A Whiskey Club -- amazing! Gotta find me one of those. Brisket looks good too!

Comment

I'd be better with a Beer Club.
              I wouldn't last very long at Whiskey Club meetings.
              Great looking cook.

Comment

• luvthemstillers
                luvthemstillers commented
                Editing a comment
                We have a beer group as well. This event was actually at one of our favorite local breweries.

You guys ever want to switch to tequila I’m there!! Good work on that brisket!!

Comment

And I wasn’t invited?

Looks like a good time! Congrats on the cook!

Comment

• luvthemstillers
                  luvthemstillers commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We are always accepting new members. Just look us up on Facebook and request to join, and answer our 3 simple questions. 1. what is your favorite style of whiskey? 2. Are you 21 or over? 3. Do you agree to follow our group rules?

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here