Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

Brisket for a small bbq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mountainsmoker
    replied
    The point from a small packer will not feed 4-5 people plus you and your wife.

Leave a comment:

• panteracfh3
    commented on 's reply
    I’m liking where your head is at!

• JeffJ
    commented on 's reply
    I don't know why your question made me think of that movie line.

• JeffJ
    commented on 's reply
    Have you ever been to a Turkish prison?

• jecucolo
    commented on 's reply
    texastweeter maybe but it could be your brisket is better than mine!

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    your friends must be much smaller than mine.

• texastweeter
    replied
    buy a packer. Cook the point, and turn the flat into pastrami!
    Last edited by texastweeter; August 27, 2019, 03:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    Lately I've seen a lot more brisket flats than packers for sale. I can't say I've ever seen a point for sale, unless it was a corned one around St. Patrick's Day.

Leave a comment:

• gmascolo51
    replied
    Ever make a sandwich with sliced brisket and a Hawaiian roll?

Leave a comment:

• panteracfh3
    replied
    Thanks for the input everyone. I'm rolling with the majority and getting a smaller whole packer. Who doesn't like leftovers?

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied
    I also support the small packer option. I regularly see 10-12 lb packers at Costco.

Plus, left overs!

Leave a comment:

• mountainsmoker
    replied
    Just get a small packer it will take about the same time as a large flat. You will have planned overs that you can freeze or eat the next day. It will still be delicious.

Leave a comment:

• jecucolo
    replied
    I cooked a 9 lb Packer for a party of 10. They can be found. Yes there is leftover but it is manageable.

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    Same holds true for around here.
    Briskets are always sold minus the point, cheeses me off but whadya gunna to do.

Leave a comment:

• fracmeister
    replied
    WHile I would agree with SMOG MAN on the packer and leftovers, I would LIKE to agree with scottranda except that it is VERY HARD to find people selling just the point. Maybe you can find them, I can't. It is pretty darn easy to buy just the flat though. It is leaner and a touch trickier. I routinely low and slow the packers but I am a fan of sous vide-a q when it is just the flat. Always tender and you can get a decent smoke flavor with liquid smoke and a fine bark with 3-4 hours on the smoker. You can also even get a nice faux smoke ring in the sous vide by adding pink curing salts. It still feels like cheating to me but the results are stellar.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}