Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First brisket cook.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First brisket cook.

Hey all, first brisket and it went swimmingly! Started it at 3am, had it on til 5pm and then rested in chilly (warm) bin for 2 hours. Didn't inject as the timing didn't work out. Definitely feel that it would of been better with the broth injections. Also need a leave in temp probe as it got up to 207 by accident! Still ended up delicious. Look forward to next time.

Served it with corn bread done in a cast iron pot, turned out so much better than my last one. Hand cut slaw. Nice simple corn done with fresh tarragon from my garden and butter/salt. Also did the hoisin ribs in the oven for 4 hours at 225, finished off with the honey glaze over the coals. Those Hoisinful ribs are the best, wow.

Friggen love this website!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2111.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	73381

Name:	IMAG2113.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	73373 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2115.jpg
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	73371 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2121.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	73372 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2125.jpg
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	73370 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2127.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	73375 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2128.jpg
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	73376 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2132.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	73377 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2131.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	73378 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2129.jpg
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	73379 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2130.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	73380 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2123.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	73374

What a spread, right?

CP.
    Attached Files

Looks GREAT!

Comment

No words. Just this....

Name:	PBA.png
Views:	96
Size:	247.6 KB
ID:	73398

Comment

Thanks for that David

This is actually my first time ever eating and seeing a BBQ brisket. We only have 1 place in New Zealand that does brisket like this and I haven't even eaten there yet! I am in love with BBQ brisket though! Holy wow.... So good. I can imagine I can do it way better as well if I inject it. Can really see the benefit in that.

I loved the flat chopped up with some fat in it on the bread rolls and the texas mop sauce. Going to make a Shepards/Cottage Pie tonight with some of the drier flat bits. Will do a hash the next night. Such an economical way to buy and cook great cheap meat. Really want to try a corned beef and pastrami now.

CP.

Comment

Nice. You're going to love the pastrami.

Comment

Wow man, Home run!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Craigen Perrie
              Craigen Perrie commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks man. Appreciate it coming from the Master. Thanks for your help along the way. I did your technique of barking then foiling. I like the idea of that better.

• Jerod Broussard
              Jerod Broussard commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeh, and that bark really bounces back once it steams off a little when you remove the foil.

• Guy
              Guy commented
              Editing a comment
              Wow more like a Grand Slam.

Looks like a home run, need to try those ribs.

Comment

Now that's what I call an amazing cook! I get hungry just looking at those photos. Congrats!

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here