Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess what time this brisket will be done...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess what time this brisket will be done...

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.40 MB ID:	729747

No prize this time, I guess if you’re in NEPA PM me and you can come over and share.

12 lbs trimmed to about 7.5. It went on the BGE at almost exactly 9AM, 275*. Here it is 12:45 and the doggone thing is at 185*, it looks like there was no stall!

Stupid me. Moved the probe. All is well.

Comment

• Mudkat
      Mudkat commented
      Editing a comment
      Been there

8pm?

Comment

The point was done at about 3:30, I cut it off and wrapped it. The flat is at about 201, and doesn’t seem like it will ever get tender. It is... a brick.

Comment

What grade of brisket? Sometimes you just get one that just won't soften up and there is nothing you can do. But take it to 205 and see what happens.

Comment

• Mosca
          Mosca commented
          Editing a comment
          Sam’s Club prime. The point looked fantastic as I was trimming it, and it wiggled like jelly when I separated and wrapped it. It’s going to be amazing. The flat, well, we’ll see. At 203 it’s okay, but I can tell this is going nowhere.

Looks great from here!

Comment

The point:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190813_184941.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	729871

Comment

So, what is the verdict on the flat?

Comment

• Mosca
              Mosca commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s not as bad as I thought it would be, but it’s still for beans.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here