Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange Brisket Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Brisket Cook

I've never had a brisket do this, but it was humming along and seemed to stall at 147, then started dropping? Anyone have a stall his this early or have the temp drop during a stall?
    Attached Files

Yeah, the most has been 3-5 degrees. If moisture starts rising to the surface to increase the latent heat of vaporization and the air temp in the pit drops and lowers the latent heat of condensation enough, it cools down.

My fave is to start fat cap up on the standard grate using the SnS, then later flip and watch the temp drop almost 20 degrees as the top of that flat can steam off like crazy.

Comment

So can I officially call this the earliest stall I've ever experienced and wrap now? The bark isn't as set as I'd like.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        I never wrap until I get the bark I want.

• JPGators17
        JPGators17 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just the affirmation I was looking for.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here