Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deboned a Chuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deboned a Chuck

A visit to the butcher to collect Pork Belly I had asked them to cut for me yesterday found me taking home 20 pound bone in chuck as well.
    I pointed out to the butcher where I wanted to start the cut for removing the bone and if it was the right place and he promptly offered to remove it for me. I have deboned a couple of briskets in the past and it wasn’t that difficult so opted to do myself.

As received

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2421.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	724947

Name:	SAM_2422.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	724948

Bone removed the section on LHS is the bone bit.

Name:	SAM_2436.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	724949

Name:	SAM_2438.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	724950

Then I found this funny thing that I think is a tendon and removed

Name:	SAM_2447.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	724951

Hunk of chuck that I cut into 3 pieces and in the fridge for 48 hour dry brine.

Name:	SAM_2450.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	724952

Nothing going to waste so the spoilt get the spoils

Name:	Cropped Dogs.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	724953

Woof!

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry bones already claimed you can woof all you want

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment

It's a dang good day to be a dog...

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      And this dog I mean Hogg is getting a Picanha for his treat tonight.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      WOOF!!! (wagwagwagwagwag)
      holehogg

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here