Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Birthday Brisket on the Barrel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FishTalesNC
    commented on 's reply
    Exactly jfmorris I just took my parents by Grillbillies BBQ Supply on their way home and as we were saying bye, mom said "I didn’t do anything, you cooked the whole time (I made PBC chicken for lunch), I feel like it was MY birthday!" Perfect....👍🏻

• Henrik
    commented on 's reply
    Very cool!

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    Dan Deter I think you hit the nail on the head. My wife really doesn't enjoy cooking. I do. She is a good cook (not great, but WAY better than my MIL!) but doesn't enjoy sweating over the stove, so she can't understand me enjoying sweating over a hot grill. It's a creative outlet for me, just like my beer brewing hobby.

• Dan Deter
    commented on 's reply
    SWMBO and I have this argument regularly. She still doesn't seem to quite get that I consider it enjoyable. Although maybe she's really trying lower the amount of calories available, since I tend to cook big...

• jfmorris
    replied
    Great cook, and great way to celebrate your birthday!

My wife always asks what I want for my birthday or Father's Day, and its always me wanting to cook something I like on the grill or smoker! She thinks its WORK and doesn't want me to do it! . I let the boys cook wings on the gasser for me on Father's Day, under my direction. The only thing I did was whip up my secret buffalo sauce in advance. I'm thinking brisket or ribs sounds good for my birthday in 11 days!

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    I mirror what Henrik said, great way to be light on your feet and make the adjustment. When you become the master of the meat (instead of the other way around) you learn how to roll with it. Every brisket is different, I don't think I've ever cooked one that came out exactly as predicted, you gotta learn to adjust, looks like you did !! Looks like everything came out great !!

Leave a comment:

• Donw
    replied
    Happy birthday!

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Nice job! The oven is our friend! Happy Birthday
    Last edited by HawkerXP; July 31, 2019, 08:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Deter
    replied
    Happy Birthday and nice cook!

Leave a comment:

• FishTalesNC
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Henrik it felt great to know I had solutions and options in the tool belt, owe it all to this place! BTW my mom was sampling rubs last night, and when we got to your beef rub she said "Oh now that one is more interesting, I really like that". Kudos!

• FishTalesNC
    commented on 's reply
    Nice, happy birthday! 🍻

• Henrik
    replied
    Nice! Way to go adjusting plans mid cook, that shows experience. Great looking brisket!

Leave a comment:

• mountainsmoker
    replied
    Just try putting the point nearest the heat. I have never had a point cook different than the flat on my Weber. Oh well who knows. But good job solving your problems for your first cook on the PBC.
    Last edited by mountainsmoker; July 30, 2019, 09:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    Happy birthday - always good to do something you enjoy on your bday. And we share that, today was my bday too! I had to work, but I enjoyed the day anyway. Good looking brisket!

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Ain't life good!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here