Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Chuck on the PK360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Chuck on the PK360

Just posting a recent Que on my PK360 (1st time). Nothing you all dont already know, but we all love seeing BBQ pics since we're all "process picture junkies".

Thank you to all who posted on my "question for smoking on a PK360".

So.... dry brined a 2.6 lb chuck for 48 hours. 30 minutes before putting it on the PK, I applied BBBR. Started the PK with the minion method. Smoked at between 250-275*. Used Oak chunks and smoked the chuck till 172* (about 4.5 hrs). Wrapped in Al foil and continued cooking till chuck reached 206* (about 1.5 hrs). Removed, wrapped in towels and in a cooler for 2 hrs. Total time approximately 8 hrs.

Chuck came out delicious. Tender, moist, smokey and great flavor. Made BBQ sandwiches for the family. will make Chili with the leftover chuck.
    Attached Files

Dang! Nice cook! Love those progress photos, I bet that chuck tasted great.

Comment

• TripleB
      TripleB commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, it was delicious. Even while I was making the Sammy's, I kept going back and nibbling on the chuck. I dont think I'll be doing brisket again in the near future.

• binarypaladin
      binarypaladin commented
      Editing a comment
      When cooking traditional BBQ, I’ll always do chuck over brisket. Always. It’s so much easier and I prefer the end product.

For me, I’m all about SVQ when doing brisket. I love it medium rare.

Looks delicious, very nicely done an documented!
    Thanks!

Comment

Lookin good!

Comment

Lookin' very good.

Comment

Great looking Chuck. Good Job!

Comment

That PK was a champ, turning out such delicious-looking food. Congrats on that cook. The idea of Smoked Chuck Chili a la Malcolm Reed always makes my mouth water.

Kathryn

Comment

• TripleB
              TripleB commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Kathryn. I see Malcom and I share the same special ingredient, spicy sausage. I use chorizo. Looking forward to some chili this week on a hot summer day.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here