Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First attempt at beef Wellington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im curious as to the sous vide and then cook. Ive done wellington a few times and generally found the time it takes the pastry to cook coincides almost perfectly with the time it take to get the tenderloin to med/rare

Comment

• Meatyorology
      Meatyorology commented
      Editing a comment
      That might be true, on a $120 chunk of meat I did not want to risk overcooking it so Sous Vide was the easy answer. When the pastry was done and I probed the center the meat was in the mid 90 degree range. It warmed up a little from there but my guess is it would have been pretty rare if I had not "pre-cooked" it. If you have access to a Sous Vide I just see no reason not to do it that way and if you don't have access, you should

• grantgallagher
      grantgallagher commented
      Editing a comment
      interesting. maybe ill try sous vide next time.

looks amazing, it's on my to do list but it's gotta wait until I have time to do everything right... so many things to go wrong with a wellington. Fantastic cook!

Comment

We are having a dinner party this weekend and guess what. You are the guest of honor. Now we just need to know what time you need to come by to start cooking the Wellington for the party.🙂 Very nice job with the cook.

Comment

This is a fantastic dish. Younger brother made it once in a period of him using no salt. Let me tell you, salt it while cooking, everything, hitting it with salt afterwards is not the same. Salt used correctly makes a huge difference! To me, salt added while cooking enhances flavor, adding salt after cooking also helps flavor but you also taste salt if it is just sprinkled on! Not the same.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here