Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoking beef tongue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking beef tongue

The only time I've had beef tongue was at a local mom and pop Mexican joint up the street at it is delicious tacos I get same thing everytime. Looking for direction in trying to smoke one since I now have access to them for next to nothing. Anyone have experience doing this that would be willing to give me some direction?

A quick check on youtube will yield several ideas on smoking beef tongue. Here is one example.

It sounds a little gross to me but I do know it is a very healthy option for ones diet.

Comment

Ahumadora is a resident expert on it. Saw him do Tongue pastrami the other day that looked killer.

Comment

Koreans do great thing with bbq tongue.

Tacos de lengua is my Kryptonite. I could eat them every day.

Comment

I use an insta pot first. Once it’s tender then you can smoke it, grill it or crisp it up in a skillet. It’s pretty easy to fix.

Comment

Boil 2 - 2 1/2 hours until starts to get tender and has shrunk. Cold water then peel the skin. It should come off easy. I prefer boiling to sous vide as it is easier to peel. Drop in Meatheads Pastrami brine for 4-5 days, wash, then heavy coat of beef rub and smoke for about 2 hours until around 160f internal. Slice and serve on soft bun with chimichuri or Salsa Criolla.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Vinman
              Vinman commented
              Editing a comment
              I greatly appreciate the info👍

• Bkhuna
              Bkhuna commented
              Editing a comment
              This just moved to the top of the To Do list.

Boil it for a couple of hours and remove the skin. Then smoke to 160-170. It will slice nicely. Love a tongue sandwich, mayo, onion, on a good roll.

Comment

I cured mine for the appropriate amount of time, simmered like corned beef. Then peel it and saute a slice or two. Seems a little lean for smoking, but would be great with proper treatment.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here