Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wet aging, bloated bag...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sucks man, I’ve been wet aging one from Costco for a while that I’m trimming tomorrow morning. I’d be bummed too. At least you got some great info here and no one is sick!

Comment

• SpeedyB
      SpeedyB commented
      Editing a comment
      FishTalesNC Agreed.

Good luck on yours!

UPDATE:

I went in today and spoke with the meat department manager Josh, who was super cool. He checked out the pics and said that he had not seen that happen before but there must have been an issue with the cryo packaging or something. He stated for me to go to customer service and get a refund.

Hopefully this is just a one-off. New packer in the fridge as I write this. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

• mountainsmoker
      mountainsmoker commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad Costco took care of you.

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      You'll do 60 more briskets w/o problems and one day you'll read a post where somone has this same issue and you'll say "That happened to me once, but it's very rare"

• SpeedyB
      SpeedyB commented
      Editing a comment
      Jerod Broussard good point, law of averages

Huskee sure hope so!

"Bloated bag"—you talkin’ ‘bout someone’s spouse? ;<).
    Last edited by Willy; July 28, 2019, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• SpeedyB
      SpeedyB commented
      Editing a comment
      Willy that's ice cold brother 😳😆

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here