Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tri-Tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tri-Tip

Tri-tip, cooked sous vide for 4 hours at 120F, then sprinkled with Big Bad Beef Rub (the "with salt" version) and reverse seared on the gasser on the flat side of GrillGrates. Served with steamed yellow squash with butter and salad.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tri-tip-sq.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	71866

This was also a test of a tri-tip from Safeway. Normally I don't buy meat from Safeway because it's expensive and not that great. Their beef used to be "select" grade, but they recently changed to "choice", a step up from select. Saw this tri-tip marked down 50% (and at 50% off it was still $4.50/lb) so I thought it would be a good opportunity to try their "new" meat. It was tasty, but still pretty tough, so I'll be sticking with my other sources.

Looks great, the only tri-tip around here worth eating is $11 a pound.

Comment

Right on....

Comment

Looks great mgaretz ! I've never had the pleasure of cooking or eating one.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here