Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rump roast advice, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rump roast advice, please.

My wife picked up this rump roast. So I said "Hmm. Wonder if low-n-slow on the smoker is a good way to do this?" I thought maybe the rotisserie but the shape doesn’t seem to lend itself well for that. What do y’all think? Click image for larger version

Name:	557DB241-1253-456F-9336-B5E9060B813F.jpeg
Views:	386
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	718148Click image for larger version

Name:	AA0507AA-F4CE-48D7-90F1-5D233CE77332.jpeg
Views:	306
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	718149

Baltimore Pit Beef. No end of awesomeness!

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...it-beef-recipe

I don't think low 'n slow will be good, since it is a very lean cut of beef.

Sous vide Que :

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...d-roast-recipe

Comment

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 Baltimore Pit Beef. Got some ready to go on the grill in just a short while. If you decide to go low and slow pull it at around 115 and sear until 125. It will move itself up into medium rare on its own. Enjoy.

• smokin fool
      smokin fool commented
      Editing a comment
      I find when its a funny shape give it a flip at some point, around 80 inside temp, works for me anyway.

Unfortunately I’ll only have 2 or 3 hours to dry brine. I just made up a fresh batch of MOCC. There’s lots of rosemary growing on the patio grill so using fresh. Miss Terri opted out of the Tiger sauce and she just wants to dip it in the aus ju sauce. MH recommends smoking at 225. I’ll put it on the WSM. I completely forgot about this recipe. I think I did it a couple of years ago, maybe more. Thanks for your input!

Comment

I just cooked a Top Round when I didn't have time to properly dry brine. I put a coat of SPOG down, a bit heavier than I normally would, popped it in the fridge for a couple of hours and then rubbed with Cow Crust and reverse seared it. Took it to 118 IT and let it rest while we ate and the SnS got the warp core online. it had climbed to 123ish before I seared it, I didn't check the temp after, but it was perfect medium rare when I sliced it the next day. Super tasty on it's own, and in a sammich you don't even notice it wasn't dry brined.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here