Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef Tenderloin Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef Tenderloin Question

Like with a brisket or pork butt, have you and/or would recommend cooking to temperature of 125 remove, wrap in foil, and place in a cooler until serving? Maybe no more than 30 minutes or and hour? Not sure if there would be a carry over temperature with wrapping it? Or...

Pull the tenderloin at 110 (?), wrap in foil, and place in the cooler. Just before serving, remove & probe for internal temperature. Increase grill temperature on the Grilla Silverbac to 500, return meat & rotating for grill marks to a IT of 130?

Again, would like to know if you have done this and your results.

Thanks!!

It won’t need a hold in a cooler unless you really need to. I would just cook to a bit below your desired temperature and give it a sear.

Comment

Yes, I like a rest period of 15-30 minutes between indirect heat and sear. But it's not needed. You can do it if you need to cook a little before (time-wise), but again, not needed. You can of course hold it longer, like an hour, just make sure you let it sit for 10 minutes before wrapping and faux cambro'ing to avoid carryover heat messing with your cook.

Comment

I my self would not do it the tenderloin is a fairly thin piece of meat I would tie it so that is all one size, ie the tail up to the main part. Then just before serving direct cook turning it every 3-4 minutes till it reaches your desired temp. If you need to hold it tent it with foil and let it rest for at least 10 to 15 minutes.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here