Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bacon Wrapped Beef Tenderloin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bacon Wrapped Beef Tenderloin

This is my first post as a new member. I’m going to smoke a beef tenderloin and considering a bacon wrapped method. Welcome feedback from those who have done so.

Thanks!

~ Rick ~

I usually season my tenderloin with the following:
    • 1½ tablespoon dried tarragon
    • 2½ teaspoons kosher salt
    • 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
    • 1½ teaspoon dried thyme
    • 1 teaspoon rubbed dried sage

Then I wrap with string and cook at roughly 350 reverse sear for 30 to 45 minutes to reach a temp of 130 for medium rare. This of course all depends on the size of the tenderloin. I see no reason why you could not wrap in bacon as well. Bacon goes with everything!

Comment

Welcome from Massachusetts. I am with DavidNorcross although I am simple with salt and pepper only. Dry Brine over night then reverse sear to 5-10 deg from desired temp. Then let rest to finish the cook before slice and serve.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. A simple Board Sauce will elevate your tenderloin cook. I have added a link to a recipe. Often times I just use half butter and half olive oil with dried herbs. Your Bacon Wrap sounds great! Enjoy The Pit. https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...dam-perry-lang

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          +1 on board sauce

Welcome to The Pit. There are as many ways to cook a tenderloin as there are members here. The rub is your choice, but I'd dry brine overnight what ever rub you decide to use.

When cooking beef to medium or less, I cook at 225*. For me, it seems that the band of overcooked meat is either non existent or very thin. When cooking at higher temps, the grey band gets wider. Front or reverse sear is up to you.

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome from the Republic of Texas!!! Be sure to take a picture or two and show us your cook !!

Comment

Welcome from TN

Comment

Welcome from the mountains of NC. I cannot help you as I only do steaks from the tenderloin. But if you do it make surae you have a big enough drip pan to catch all that nice bacon fat.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here