Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porter Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porter Road

I have been very happy with them and really appreciate the pitmaster discount. The meats have been great. However I just went to place an order and noticed big price increases. Tri-Tips went from $21 to $31 that seems pretty steep. Also most other cuts have gone up $5-$10 as well.

I was spending $200-$300 per month with them. I have to re-think where I shop now.
    Last edited by Old Glory; July 14, 2019, 11:54 AM.

$200-300/month is a cocaine-like addiction lol !! We have help for that you know !!

I too really like theses guys but they’re not immune to piling on . I’ve been on two wait lists in a row for their brontosaurus short rib plates and noticed they crept up about $5 to $90 per plate. Really good product but I can get plates locally, albeit smaller versions, for half that.

Find a good butcher is my advice. I like to see what I’m buying as well, not what they decide to throw into a box.

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      You kidding me. $200-$300 a night. If you’re really into it. 😳🤷🏼‍♂️ Just saying. 😁

I too have been totally satisfied with their products and service, but as they have become more well know through newspaper and magazine articles, not to mention word of mouth, the number of items on waiting lists appear to have grown. I think they might be in a pinch right now trying to expand their operations and needed to raise prices to make that happen. I will be sticking with them for now to see how it goes. I also hope we can work out another discount code with them as on my latest order the code no longer works for me.

Comment

When I talked to them a couple months ago I believe they said they were processing 6 cattle a day. So for a lot of the butchers cuts that only means 6 or 12 pieces for sale a day for most of those.

I too noticed the price increase but they were quite a bit less expensive than their competitors. Throw in the free shipping they offer and the free meat on most.orders and ot isn't surprising they raised their prices. I would have rather they kept them low of course.

Comment

We have our first order from them coming today.
        We have been using Marx Foods and have been very pleased.

Comment

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe you will happy. Since for the most part they ship fresh I always open a package with my infrared thermometer handy and have yet to find any above ~37. Those ice packs and the insulation really do a job. Enjoy the meat.

There are a lot of butchers selling on-line. Porter Road is only one. When one raises there prices like this I call them and ask them why and if I don't get a satisfactory answer I tell them thank you I will be taking my business elsewhere. But first get your facts in front in of you have cattle futures gone up that much and what current cattle trades are costing vs last year.

Comment

Another 👍🏼👍🏼 for Porter Road. I did a ribeye and filet for the wife. I had some Costco filets for the guests. The beef was super delicious, will buy again. I’m even more excited about the beef ribs I ordered from them, waiting to do those in Nov.
          Attached Files

Comment

Havent ordered recently because i still have a bunch of their stuff in my freezer...but ive always been very very happy with their products.

Comment

Is there a new discount code for Porter Road? I used the pitmasterclub code and it says I’ve already used it. I searched around here a bit and can’t find an update but I thought I did read at one point there was a new one?

thanks.

Comment

I just bought from Creekstone. One ribeye down. I will reserve judgment until the other three are consumed. Is it normal for shipping to take a week?

Wow. People seem to love Porter road. I may give them a go if y’all get satisfied with pricing.

Comment

• barelfly
                  barelfly commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I buy the cuts that I don’t see in town often. Flat irons I rarely see at the grocery store, skirt steak I can find but are usually in some kind of marinade. I have purchased flank steak as well, which isn’t cheap anywhere. I could go to the butcher near by but I like Porter Road and Crowd Cow for the convenience of having meat in the freezer for me to get out and cook when I want.

The other cuts, ribeyes and such, I buy at Costco whole and steak out. But I’ve enjoyed all of it so far.

• HouseHomey
                  HouseHomey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  barelfly Thanks for that. Flat iron is an underrated Grilling cut from the chuck. Beefy and good. I find that the flat top is not as nice to it as the grill. SRF has sent some great ones.

All their meat has been really good. However they raised their prices so I cut down on my orders after that. I also found a local butcher who cuts to order and the quality has been great so I haven't ordered from them lately.

Comment

• Greygoose
                  Greygoose commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Have you tried Alpine Butchers in Lowell not too far up the road from you ?
                  I have had great results buying from them.

• Old Glory
                  Old Glory commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Greygoose I have not. I checked out the website looks pretty good! I have been going to the Modern Butcher https://themodernbutchershop.com/

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here