Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tri tip on the LSG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tri tip on the LSG

I dy brined a 2 lb tri tip (weight after trimming) and let it age open air in the fridge for about 3 days. That wasn't the original plan, but I was too busy to cook it Thursday. Cooked it over FOGO lump and California red oak splits on the LSG with the internal grill pan, along with some taters & onions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B1F1067E-C2D3-4194-98FB-66A9585A4D61.jpeg
Views:	178
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	713263

Name:	85FDB9B5-C8CE-4C8A-9D36-B910AAFED3D3.jpeg
Views:	136
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	713265

Name:	76109502-D711-447E-99E8-F4B422DD0AC0.jpeg
Views:	160
Size:	254.1 KB
ID:	713266

Name:	4C2CA199-8F4C-445E-9DD6-6B7DA9087935.jpeg
Views:	127
Size:	184.3 KB
ID:	713264

When did you get an LSG?

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      radshop I hope to have my welder by the end of the year, gonna be awfully tempting to build a small offset, but I really want to go "overkill" on a barrel smoker that can hold up to 8 briskets first.

• radshop
      radshop commented
      Editing a comment
      If I had a bigger back yard, I'd have a bigger smoker. Don't hold back!

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      radshop I’d be happy to hold all the extra meat for your company’s marketing people. For safe keeping. In Irvine that postage stamp yard can hold a lot of cookers.

Good food and good beer!

Comment

Looks like you need more tri tip for that cooker.

Comment

• radshop
        radshop commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah - it's not the most efficient way to cook a meal for 3 people but it sure is fun.

A quick look at the header reads, "Tri-tip on LSD."

Whoa man. Groovy.

Comment

• Ahumadora
        Ahumadora commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought the same thing. Then I put on my glasses.

Yea you had me at "Tri-tip on the LSG", two of my favorite things. Nice cook on a beautiful rig !!!

Comment

radshop I see some serious color from the drybrining
        I have done a 24 hr but not a 72 hr
        How did you like the results

Comment

• radshop
          radshop commented
          Editing a comment
          It was a good unintended experiment. The outside definitely dried out a little, but aside from that there was no real difference from a 1 day dry brine - once the salt has fully penetrated the meat, that's as much as the brine can do. And 3 days isn't enough for a true dry aging effect.

• Greygoose
          Greygoose commented
          Editing a comment
          radshop thanks for the update

Awesome cook radshop Love anything cooked on an LSG.
        I remember when you got that rig. So cool your company paid for it. How lucky is that.

Comment

Beautiful job. Just did my first tri-tip tonight and I am now wondering why it took me so long to try one.

Comment

Watched a YT vid where a guy flipped his LSG over completely on its top with grass going down the chimney. Flipped it partially on rock driveway and grass. There was only a 1" tiny scratch and very tiny chip. Falling backwards, lid flew completely open when it was on its top then it rolled back and the lid was resting only on its self stopping hinges. Nothing bent. Looking at it you could not tell that it had been rolled. Very solidly built. Excellent welds.

Oh, and the tri-tip looks good, too.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here