Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Brisket on a 22" Weber Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Brisket on a 22" Weber Grill

I haven't tried this, although I will... soon. It may be behind a pay wall. Let me know and I'll try to summarize it.

It does sound like they did their homework, I might give it a try. Thanks for the share.

Comment

Great article. Thanks.

Comment

Good read, likewise will give it a go one day....gotta get a Weber kettle first....

Comment

Sounds good and easy. I thind Dave should send them an SnS though.

Comment

Good article. I have been doing briskets on my Weber 22 for years. I use a Smokenator and for a 14lb one it takes 12 hours at 260-275. I never wrap as at 175 it just chugs write through the stall. I always use oak for my wood like a lot of Texas does, may throw in some hickory for a little stronger smoke.
            Last edited by mountainsmoker; July 10, 2019, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Red Man
              Red Man commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m assuming you mean 275?

• mountainsmoker
              mountainsmoker commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Red Man corrected.

I used the snake setup on my kettle to smoke before I got the SNS, and have used it in a second kettle that I didn't have a SNS for. Works well. I've never had one done in 10 hours, but then most of my briskets are bigger than the 10 pound one in the article.

Comment

What jfmorris said. I have done a number of briskets on my kettle with the SNS and with the snake. They come out great. A 22 inch kettle can easily hold a 15 or 16 pound brisket and with some squishing you could probably go up to 18-20 pounds.

Comment

Yes, this works just fine. I can get 3 hours per quarter circle in the kettle. So 12 in total with no refill. I’ve done many briskets in the kettle.

Comment

Originally posted by btuckertx View Post
                  I haven't tried this, although I will... soon. It may be behind a pay wall. Let me know and I'll try to summarize it.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/web..._hsmi=74227719
                  Here is one of the better articles I have come across on how to setup the charcoal snake in a Weber Kettle:

https://www.popularmechanics.com/hom...-snake-method/

I've done really long cooks where the snake had burned most of the fuel, and I just pulled the grate briefly, or flipped up the edge of the Weber hinged grate, and added more charcoal to the end.

Comment

• btuckertx
                    btuckertx commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice article, thanks! Interesting that it predates the article I mentioned by 3 years. LOL

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here