Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet Another Reason to Stick with Meat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet Another Reason to Stick with Meat!

Seems to me that beef comes out way ahead here.
    We’re living in a golden age of fake burgers . The Impossible Burger and Beyond Burger both promise, and deliver, meaty flavors without the meat. But

Yea, beef and I will still be friends.

Comment

Lmao

Comment

Gimme meat.

Comment

I wonder if you make a burger out of vegetarians, if they taste like beef...

Comment

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm thinking more like chicken....

And take a look at this (not that I think the Huffington Post content here is a refereed article ):

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/beyon...b07f6ca57cc3ed

Basically it says that for a fake burger there is no long term health data on the additives whereas the real burger has documented data. Me, I’m going with the real data at this point, especially since saturated fat amounts are apparently comparable.

So there you go.

Kathryn
          Last edited by fzxdoc; July 10, 2019, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m sticking with a real burger. I need too. My Doctor says I’m not getting enough saturated animal fat.

• fzxdoc
            fzxdoc commented
            Editing a comment
            HouseHomey ,

K.

It just goes to show you, if it ain't broke don't fix it. "Golden age of fake burgers" is an oxymoron.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Might last bout as long as th "Golden age of steam powered automobiles", too early to tell...

• ofelles
            ofelles commented
            Editing a comment
            retirement is the golden years=marketing.
            Don't get me wrong....I am enjoying it, just saying.

My vote.

Attached Files

Comment

I'll stick with beef thank you.

Comment

Beef is more than what’s for dinner, but dinner will always be more when there’s beef. Funded by Beef Farmers and Ranchers. BeefItsWhatsForDinner.com

Beef, it’s whats for dinner.

Comment

fzxdoc Troutman Full disclosure. Yesterday I had a scratch black bean veggie burger. Only because I had spinalis burrito for breakfast and a steak salad (spinalis) for dinner. Keeping it real yo!

Click image for larger version

Name:	5500B9C6-E878-409A-B606-8518F9C26C47.jpeg
Views:	140
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	711362 ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Troutman
                  Troutman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We’re gonna start calling you the "spinalis" kid!! "Hello Mr. Dorsi, may I interest you in a bean burger?"

"If you want to nitpick, the beef burger comes out slightly ahead"... I want to!

Comment

"So you’re not automatically eating healthier by choosing the fake meat, but if you prefer the plant-based burger for environmental or animal welfare reasons, you can do so knowing that you’re getting a similar dish nutritionally."

I've not known anyone that is paying a premium for Impossible Burgers or the like with the sole notion that they are necessarily more healthful, they do it explicitly for the enviro/animal welfare concerns. My sister is a vegan and I've tried many of the faux burgers she has led me to. Most of them were rather tasty in their own right.

With continuing changes in climate and continuing declines in water aquifers beef will become the luxury item and faux burgers the norm. Now might be the time to give them a try and get your taste buds ready for the future.

Comment

• Troutman
                    Troutman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And when that day comes I say farewell. I’m spending my last dollars on my last day on a 5 Guys deluxe. See ya !!!

• Histrix
                    Histrix commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I won't want to say "farewell" until all that is available in the grocery store is Soylent Green.

• Troutman
                    Troutman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Soylent Green, geeze does that date you

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here