Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally scored some dino ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grantgallagher
    commented on 's reply
    I did not encounter that fat vein Troutman . They were def more fall off the bone than i wanted but live and learn. Still delicious.

• Troutman
    replied
    I was on the Porter Road waiting list 3 times for some and when I’d get my ok to order they’d be outta stock. So last week I called them to say wtf? They guy acts like the things sell out in moments, like liquid gold. I dropped the Amazing Ribs affiliation on him and he said he could sell me some but he could only process the payment after hours, email me the invoice and I had until 10am the next day to pay. Very strange.

Anyway this is my second time ordering From them. The first time I ordered a couple of Burkeshire/Duroc pork butts and they were spectacular. Hoping I don’t encounter the proverbial fat vein that runs through those ribs. I get that a lot when I buy them locally.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    I think you overshot them. Wrapping will do that, make them pot roast like and shredded. I’m sure they still tasted really good. Did you encounter that vein of fat?

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    grantgallagher I think RD price is around $7.50-8.00 a pound. And Porter Road is probably prime where as the ones I can get a superior angus.

• texastweeter
    replied
    Only problem wit beef ribs is when cooking for an event with a big crowd, the take on so much cooker real estate with their footprint.

Leave a comment:

• PaulstheRibList
    replied
    Yes! Beef Ribs are so great! No need to wrap, in my opinion. #WorthIt

Leave a comment:

• jumbo7676
    replied
    I cooked some Texas Short Ribs from Porter Road last week. Great flavor, but there was an excessive amount of fat in them.

Leave a comment:

• Bkhuna
    replied
    Yaba Daba Doo!

Leave a comment:

• grantgallagher
    commented on 's reply
    It was 90 bucks for almost 10lbs from porter road. Def not something ill be doing regularly but it was worth it. Im stuffed, got the meat sweats...all the signs of a good cook, lol.

• chrisjen
    replied
    I've been able to buy the whole plate short ribs from Sam's Club website and they ship them to my store, a little expensive but by far my favorite thing to cook!!

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    replied
    Oh hell yes!!!!
    Those look delicious.
    Great work my brother 👊👊.
    What did those puppies cost you?
    If I can can get them cheaper for you I’d be happy to help.

Leave a comment:

• texastweeter
    replied
    good call on the hot sauce slather. I use it as the binder on all my smoked beef (sometimes I use warsh-yer-sister sauce if I'm serving wusses). Gold star from be brother! You have right there my favorite hunk o meat!

Leave a comment:

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    Bullseye baby! Whats the address, lemme get my hat, i'm on my way!

• JoeSousa
    commented on 's reply
    Those look awesome! Makes me want to cook some beef ribs.

• Willy
    replied
    Ya got me hungry!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here