Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally scored some dino ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally scored some dino ribs

Have you ever had dry aged beef ribs? Yeah, we didn’t think so. Our beef-loving customers have been requesting this cut, and we couldn't be more happy to deliver. These giant, crowd-pleasing, beef ribs are the biggest, meatiest ribs you can find. Cook them low and slow in your smoker with our All Thing Smoked rub for a

Usually by the time i get round to ordering these are out of stock again but i managed to get them and they should be delivered today. Apart from online, these are impossible to get around here. Im sure the price tag is over kill but i figure its worth it to try them. Really hope they live up to my expectations.

Can't wait to see how they come out. Cooking on...ā€¦?

Comment

• grantgallagher
      grantgallagher commented
      Editing a comment
      they will be done on my kettle with SnS and pit viper...pretty much my only cooker for low and slow.

Done on my 26 inch kettle with the SNS. There was a much larger vein of fat running through them than other beef ribs I have made. 3 of the bones were great but the other 3 had too much fat in the middle to really eat well. Everything else was great but that big vein of fat kind of turned me off. Porter Road told me they heard from a few people talking about how they were too fatty. I will probably give them another shot though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	beef ribs finished.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	711175

Comment

• grantgallagher
      grantgallagher commented
      Editing a comment
      JoeSousa good to know. Will be interesting to see if its the same. My wife will hate them if thats the case.

grantgallagher where in Jersey are you? I'm in Rockland County NY. I have 2 sources for plate ribs near me if I can help in the future.

Comment

• grantgallagher
      grantgallagher commented
      Editing a comment
      Steve B im in middlesex county, monroe. Just south of the rutgers area. I might take you up on that for a special occasion where i am looking to pick up for a gathering or a bunch of people.

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      grantgallagher No problem. Would just need a little heads up.

I bet you are gonna love 'em.

Comment

Nice find Grant! You will love this cook, these are one of my favorite things to cook! Looking forward to seeing the results!

Comment

Those are gonna be good!

Comment

Name:	86BE51C6-AE1C-452C-A383-4794259EB681.jpeg
Views:	167
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	721346Click image for larger version

Name:	1D31EC8C-386D-429E-B124-7ADE054BF73F.jpeg
Views:	168
Size:	195.8 KB
ID:	721345Click image for larger version

Name:	FCA0958F-2836-433E-9BF1-1DC17132FEC8.jpeg
Views:	133
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	721347

Comment

• grantgallagher
            grantgallagher commented
            Editing a comment
            So far so good. About 4 hours into the cook. Decided to go a little different. Dry brined over night, rubbed in franks red hot then coated with a mix of black pepper, and fresh rosemary, chives, and basil from my garden that i blended up.

I do have a question. This is the first time ive cooked these. My gut feeling is they have enough fat to survive without wrapping...but wondering if most do or dont?

Comment

• Red Man
            Red Man commented
            Editing a comment
            I follow the same guidelines as brisket. I use a kettle with SnS and cook 250-275. In my cooker the bark gets a bit hard if I donā€™t wrap. I prefer wrapping with butcher paper at around 180 IT.

• grantgallagher
            grantgallagher commented
            Editing a comment
            Red Man i find that a lot too which is why i typically wrap. I just checked them though and i dont think its going to the case this time. IT of 173 and feel great

• 58limited
            58limited commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't wrap mine - at 250*-275* they are usually done in 5-6 hours and are like the fatty end of a brisket, but with more fat.

Ok. These are fantastic. One of my highlight beef cooks for sure. I wish they were easier to get/cheaper.

Name:	FC793C74-0E8F-4010-A2D6-1E0083E7BF8E.jpeg
Views:	136
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	721501Click image for larger version

Name:	830416E1-F60D-4C43-8816-A5C80634813F.jpeg
Views:	174
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	721500

Comment

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            Bullseye baby! Whats the address, lemme get my hat, i'm on my way!

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you overshot them. Wrapping will do that, make them pot roast like and shredded. Iā€™m sure they still tasted really good. Did you encounter that vein of fat?

• grantgallagher
            grantgallagher commented
            Editing a comment
            I did not encounter that fat vein Troutman . They were def more fall off the bone than i wanted but live and learn. Still delicious.

Ya got me hungry!

Comment

good call on the hot sauce slather. I use it as the binder on all my smoked beef (sometimes I use warsh-yer-sister sauce if I'm serving wusses). Gold star from be brother! You have right there my favorite hunk o meat!

Comment

Oh hell yes!!!!
              Those look delicious.
              Great work my brother šŸ‘ŠšŸ‘Š.
              What did those puppies cost you?
              If I can can get them cheaper for you Iā€™d be happy to help.

Comment

• grantgallagher
                grantgallagher commented
                Editing a comment
                It was 90 bucks for almost 10lbs from porter road. Def not something ill be doing regularly but it was worth it. Im stuffed, got the meat sweats...all the signs of a good cook, lol.

• Steve B
                Steve B commented
                Editing a comment
                grantgallagher I think RD price is around $7.50-8.00 a pound. And Porter Road is probably prime where as the ones I can get a superior angus.

I've been able to buy the whole plate short ribs from Sam's Club website and they ship them to my store, a little expensive but by far my favorite thing to cook!!

Comment

Yaba Daba Doo!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here