Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally scored some dino ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grantgallagher
    commented on 's reply
    If anything i may have over done them. But im not complaining. Juicy as all hell

• grantgallagher
    replied
    Ok. These are fantastic. One of my highlight beef cooks for sure. I wish they were easier to get/cheaper.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FC793C74-0E8F-4010-A2D6-1E0083E7BF8E.jpeg
Views:	138
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	721501Click image for larger version

Name:	830416E1-F60D-4C43-8816-A5C80634813F.jpeg
Views:	176
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	721500

Leave a comment:

• 58limited
    commented on 's reply
    I don't wrap mine - at 250*-275* they are usually done in 5-6 hours and are like the fatty end of a brisket, but with more fat.

• grantgallagher
    commented on 's reply
    Red Man i find that a lot too which is why i typically wrap. I just checked them though and i dont think its going to the case this time. IT of 173 and feel great

• Red Man
    commented on 's reply
    I follow the same guidelines as brisket. I use a kettle with SnS and cook 250-275. In my cooker the bark gets a bit hard if I don’t wrap. I prefer wrapping with butcher paper at around 180 IT.

• grantgallagher
    replied
    I do have a question. This is the first time ive cooked these. My gut feeling is they have enough fat to survive without wrapping...but wondering if most do or dont?

Leave a comment:

• grantgallagher
    commented on 's reply
    So far so good. About 4 hours into the cook. Decided to go a little different. Dry brined over night, rubbed in franks red hot then coated with a mix of black pepper, and fresh rosemary, chives, and basil from my garden that i blended up.

• grantgallagher
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	86BE51C6-AE1C-452C-A383-4794259EB681.jpeg
Views:	169
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	721346Click image for larger version

Name:	1D31EC8C-386D-429E-B124-7ADE054BF73F.jpeg
Views:	170
Size:	195.8 KB
ID:	721345Click image for larger version

Name:	FCA0958F-2836-433E-9BF1-1DC17132FEC8.jpeg
Views:	135
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	721347

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    replied
    Those are gonna be good!

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    grantgallagher No problem. Would just need a little heads up.

• Spinaker
    replied
    Nice find Grant! You will love this cook, these are one of my favorite things to cook! Looking forward to seeing the results!

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    I bet you are gonna love 'em.

Leave a comment:

• grantgallagher
    commented on 's reply
    JoeSousa good to know. Will be interesting to see if its the same. My wife will hate them if thats the case.

• grantgallagher
    commented on 's reply
    Steve B im in middlesex county, monroe. Just south of the rutgers area. I might take you up on that for a special occasion where i am looking to pick up for a gathering or a bunch of people.

• Steve B
    replied
    grantgallagher where in Jersey are you? I'm in Rockland County NY. I have 2 sources for plate ribs near me if I can help in the future.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here