Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Independence Day Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Independence Day Brisket

I acquired a Costco Prime Packer on July 1. I trimmed and seasoned it July 2 and refrigerated until 9PM July 3. I brought it out of the fridge to warm a bit, and sorta tossed more seasoning on it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-07-02 20.19.16.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	265.2 KB
ID:	708113

Seasoning was fresh ground pepper, sea salt, and garlic powder. I fired up the WSM 22 for this smoke, and I had no idea how much charcoal to use, so I placed about 1/2 a bag of weber briquets in the firebox, studded with Pecan and Mesquite, and started a 1/2 full chimney. When the chimney was ready I got her going a bit before midnight, monitored by my fireboard temp controller and BBQGuru fan.Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-07-03 23.58.29.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	708110 I chose a set temp of 230F, figuring on supper 6PM July 4.

I think maybe the chimney was too much for the temp, as things went pretty much to 260ish and stayed there most of the cook. No stall!

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-07-04 11.42.37.png
Views:	143
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	708114

Brisket was done at noon, beautifully tender about 201F on the probe, temp varied across the flat and point areas but I didn't worry, super tender. I wrapped, with a bit of IPA in the foil, and placed in my oven at 195 to hold for a while. I moved to a cooler at 2:30. Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-07-04 11.43.16.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	268.2 KB
ID:	708112

Big party, mixed grill of brisket and ribs, mac salad, potato casserole, and fresh raspberry goodie for dessert. Damn, man, it was good. Brisket probably not optimum, but everyone loved it.

Happy independence day weekend, everyone! Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-07-04 17.04.34.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	708111

Looks great, Amigo! Fine job, love yer Klein Brisket Probe, lol!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Oops, not a probe, my bad, see below, please...

Great looking brisket

Comment

I start my 18" WSM with either 20 or 30 briquettes.

Comment

oops, got home, where I could look at pics on th desktop, an realized it's a Klein BBQ fork...hard to see, on a cell phone lol...
        I'm a Sparky, so spotted th Klein handle immediately, upon initial perusal of yer post...

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm inKleined to think ya got it right the second time around.

• Red Man
          Red Man commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve got a bunch of Klein tools too and I also spotted it right away! 🤣

• GuyG
          GuyG commented
          Editing a comment
          I got a spatula and fork set! Useful.

Great looking brisket!! Good job

Comment

Two things:

First: yes, second day burnt ends are darn fine.

Second: you guys are the best! This must be the friendliest most positive and helpful forum on the web. I appreciate all comments and suggestions I’ve got from folks over time. Best wishes yo you all, smoke ‘em if you got ‘em!

Thanks
          Guy

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here