Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whole Texas-style brisket coming out dry on a Primo. Any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think brisket gets a bad name when sliced. Make sure you keep a pan under it to catch the juices from the brisket. Then add some beef broth to the drippings and sauce the slices. They will be nice and moist for serving.

Comment

Originally posted by mountainsmoker View Post
      I think brisket gets a bad name when sliced. Make sure you keep a pan under it to catch the juices from the brisket. Then add some beef broth to the drippings and sauce the slices. They will be nice and moist for serving.
      Ditto. All that surface area oxidizes very quickly. Not to mention but really mention, it's a very lean piece of meat that you took 40° past well done.

Comment

I might of skipped over but make sure your probe is in the flat portion of the whole brisket, not in the point or the layer of fat. Lately I’ve been pulling at 192 degrees and they have been perfect. I can hold em for at least 8 hours before serving maintaining a temp of 167-170 degrees. I know when my briskets are at that temp then the points are done and just right. I’ve been doing about 9-10 briskets a month for a few months now

Comment

• mountainsmoker
          mountainsmoker commented
          Editing a comment
          Nuke em sounds like you have your brisket skills down pat. Well done.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here