Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Bavette Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Bavette Cook

Bought a Bavette from Porter Rd. I like to try new cuts when I can. Cooking it Sous Vide 125 for two hours then flash searing to finish.

Seasoned with How To BBQ Right AP Rub and Italian Dressing.

I had to google Bavette - the first hit that came up is a type of pasta and I was wondering why you were cooking it via sous vide, especially at 125*, but then I saw that it is also flank steak.

Comment

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Must be what you call it when it's a "pinkies up" crowd lol

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      I think its a different cut than flank. Its also called Flap Meat.

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      It's not the flank, it's cut from the bottom of the sirloin at the end of the T Bone. Very tender cut.

I like to dry brine it and put it on a hot grill and a quick sear and a little chimichurrii sauce
    slice across the grain and slurp it up or put it in a nice home made corn tortilla
    Good stuff

Comment

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      That sounds amazing!

It is a super tender steak. I personally wouldn't bother sous viding it (more beer drinking time) Just fling it on the parrilla and give it all shes got scotty pull it off and eat it. Rare n juicy.

Comment

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      To late. It been two hours in the water bath time to sear!!!

Came out really good! Buttery soft and very tasty from the marinade.
    First pic fresh from the bath. Second pic after sear, then sliced nice and red and juicy. My wife's new favorite!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      Am I the only one here who wants to lick all that juice right off the cutting board?

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahumadora I'm thinking boardsauce myself!

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice work. One of those tender cuts that's overlooked and hard to source.

Not too shabby !!!!!
    You pulled it off quite well

Comment

Check out Sous Vide everything on YouTube and on serious eats
      great source of info for sous vide
      Last edited by Greygoose; June 30, 2019, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 Fer sure.

Now I'm realllllllllllly hungry. Looks good and I'll lick the cutting board also.

Comment

My local costco sells this super cheap. I usually load up the freezer with it, vacuum sealed, to just throw it in the sous vide.

Doesn't NEED to be cooked this way, but it helps. makes great fajita meat.

Comment

This is my go to recipe when using bavette - http://www.food.com/recipe/churrasco...arinade-456280

Also this for chimichurri - http://www.food.com/recipe/chimichur...d-meats-456210

Comment

• Old Glory
            Old Glory commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow I am adding these to my must try list. Thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here