Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dino Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dino Ribs

Beef ribs, no. 6-9 from plate.

Individual ribs dry brined with MKS for 18 hours. BBBR, made with home made anchor powder was applied 3 hours before cook.

On the Weber 22 in. kettle with SnS wirh full boiled water.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20190630_083946.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.50 MB ID:	704350

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190630_095308.jpg Views:	1 Size:	2.41 MB ID:	704351 Finished meat to follow.

Looking fantastic. Tough to find here.

Comment

They look ready to me. Let's eat.

Comment

Hey Fred,,,,just enuff fer Wilma, Betty and Barney
        Hot dogz for Pebbles and BamBam ????

Comment

And lookin’ SWEET !

Comment

Can't wait, they will be great. Have a happy cook!

Comment

Favorite food. Pretty sure they were served at the last supper in the upper room. If not, well, the should have been!

Comment

Ha, I just bought some of these. Gonna cook them at some point this week as an add on to my various cooks I am doing for the holiday.

Looking forward to seeing your results!

Comment

Cool! I have done many beef ribs, but never individually. Looks great, looking fwd to the finished product, I bet it’s gonna be great!

Comment

I'm at the 5 hour mark and the internal temp is 193 F. So close...

Comment

Love doing Beef Ribs! Only get the opportunity once or twice a year.
                    Is that a Slow n Sear I see in the Weber? Click image for larger version

Name:	43673CD2-CB02-4335-86F1-47ACFD1C7FC2.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	704662

Comment

• Bkhuna
                      Bkhuna commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes. First time using the SnS for beef ribs. Worked out great.

Super jealous u can get them!! I end up smoking short ribs cause that’s all I can get. Great looking cook!!

Comment

• Spinaker
                      Spinaker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Go in and talk to the person working behind the counter. Tell then you want the "Whole Plate" before they cut them down into short ribs. It usually comes in a large cryo-vac pack. You may have to push them, but if they are cutting their own shorties, they should have the whole plate in the back.

You are off to a great start.

Comment

Bone-In Beef Short Ribs are...SO GREAT!
                      #PicturesPlease

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here