Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NY Strip or Ribeye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NY Strip or Ribeye

After recently having both NY strip and Ribeye from Costco, I've decided on the NY as favorite, especially if Sous Vide. I just don't like eating around all of the fat in the ribeye. What do you think?

The New York Strip and Ribeye Steaks are both premium cuts of beef that you are going to love. Come on inside and see what makes these steaks different.
    NY Strip
    35.35%
    Ribeye
    64.65%

Strip Steak...Only, all my life, they've been known as a KC Strip, in this region

Comment

• HouseHomey
      HouseHomey commented
      Editing a comment
      I think a KC strip is boneless with fat as compared to the New York.

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      Porter Rd sells KC Strip with Bone. They are amazing.

• Murdy
      Murdy commented
      Editing a comment
      KC strip is a bone-in NY strip

Rib eye hands down. Then Chuck eye, then porterhouse.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Ribeye, porterhouse, chuck eye. But hey, whose arguing, steak makes me go to my happy place !!!

Rib eye. All. Day. Long.

Comment

Still gotta go with ribeye...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	ribeye2.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	482.9 KB
ID:	704207

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Well just look at that magazine quality shot. You know grill marks are not all that popular here, but I still like 'em. Nothing sexier than a properly grilled and marked ribeye !!!!

• Livermoron
        Livermoron commented
        Editing a comment
        Troutman Sometimes I just can't help myself...

• Dalmore
        Dalmore commented
        Editing a comment
        Love the photo!

I've always seen New York Strip as crap that had to be given a fancy name to sell.

I would need to nail down the sous vide to make it right for me. For ribeye I just need to cook the darn thing.

Comment

• scottranda
        scottranda commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m not happy with you 😬🤣

• texastweeter
        texastweeter commented
        Editing a comment
        HELL YEAH! Well said sir! Quite eloquent. Perfect verbiage.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        There you go dropping that fancy soup vida name again you fancy cheffy kind of guy !!!

What a great question. From a taste, comfort and overall enjoyment factor it is Ribeye for me, all day, every day.

Comment

I've had good and bad of both. All things being equal I probably would choose the NYS over the Ribeye if coming from the same cow that was raised for quality fare. Otherwise if not sure the ribeye gets the nod.

Comment

I enjoy both,,,cook NY strip way more often
          I you want to try something different that combines a little of both flavors try a coulotte steak which is the top sirloin cap. Also called picanha.
          Dry brined, reverse sear,,,,darn good

Comment

I usually prefer a ribeye, but recently cooked some prime NY Strip I picked up on sale at Costco a while back and it was phenomenal.

Comment

Hands down rib eye for me, strip for my wife.

Comment

• texastweeter
                texastweeter commented
                Editing a comment
                same, but my wife likes sirloin and fillet. Worried about the fat...after she screams it with avacadobutter...

Filet - I want to be able to cut it with a fork.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks fer th reminder, Brother!
                Gots me some filets in yonder freezer, from Omaha Steak, that I need to git into rotation, here! Yum!

• Clark
                Clark commented
                Editing a comment
                Mr. Bones Interesting that you live near Kansas City and have steaks from Omaha Steak. We buy a lot of KC Strips and Ribeyes from Kansas City Steaks. We think they are superior to Omaha's. Any reason you don't buy from Kansas City Steaks?

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Omaha Steaks were a Christmas gift, so weren't no "buy" involved lol Clark

Ribeye

Comment

Would definitely pick the ribeye if grilling, not sure about SV, but the strip is a great steak too.

Comment

Ribeye for me but I am really picky about my steaks. All things being equal I will take a Strip steak compared to a ribeye with little cap and much fat between muscle groups.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here