Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NY Strip or Ribeye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've reached a point where I purchase quality cuts of steak and have gotten my cooking technique down to a point where I rarely order steak at a restaurant unless it's an upscale restaurant that specializes in steak.

Comment

• Murdy
      Murdy commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree, almost never order steak out, and I tend to avoid high-end steak houses. I don't want to pay top dollar for something I can do at home. If I'm spending the $$, I wan't something that takes some work--beef bourganion or osso bucco or some such thing.

This thread and a recent Mad Scientist BBQ video motivated me to go get a couple NY Strips. They are only Angus Choice, but tried to pick the ones that were not nerves, but unsure. Going to slow cook in pellet smoker then iron skillet sear. I do love the cap of the ribeye, but as others said, the eye is somewhat disappointing.Click image for larger version

Name:	20210607_110258.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	202.3 KB
ID:	1041978

Comment

I’ve got to vote for my go to the Rib-eye, the only other thing that doesn’t some complaints is the Fillet.

That being said the best steak I’ve had by far a Waygu Ribeye Cap. Nothing else is even close in taste or cost, I could have cut it with a spork.

Comment

Prefer a well raised grain finished strip all day long, however I'll always happily consume a delicious ribeye.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here