Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NY Strip or Ribeye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Livermoron
    commented on 's reply
    Troutman Sometimes I just can't help myself...

• Greygoose
    replied
    Originally posted by Troutman View Post
    I choose Picanha. Not part of the choices? Well it should be.
    I second this

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    I choose Picanha. Not part of the choices? Well it should be.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    There you go dropping that fancy soup vida name again you fancy cheffy kind of guy !!!

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Well just look at that magazine quality shot. You know grill marks are not all that popular here, but I still like 'em. Nothing sexier than a properly grilled and marked ribeye !!!!

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Ribeye, porterhouse, chuck eye. But hey, whose arguing, steak makes me go to my happy place !!!

• JeffJ
    replied
    I'm surprised the voting is so lopsided. We just had NY strip last night an it was really good.

Leave a comment:

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    give Chuck eye a try. 1/2 the price and marginally less flavor wise. Much leaner though. It's my 2nd favorite.

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    same, but my wife likes sirloin and fillet. Worried about the fat...after she screams it with avacadobutter...

• texastweeter
    commented on 's reply
    HELL YEAH! Well said sir! Quite eloquent. Perfect verbiage.

• Smoking77
    replied
    Great question! I struggle with it every time I pick up a steak. I used to eat only ribeyes, but then a few years ago, it started to give me heart palpitations. Could've also been the wine and bourbon that accompanied it, but who knows. A cardiologist had a very scientific remedy for this. "Stop eating ribeyes so much." Switched over to NY strip and haven't had a problem since. I try to get them with as much marbling as possible, so I can still pretend I'm eating a ribeye.

Leave a comment:

• scottranda
    commented on 's reply
    I’m not happy with you 😬🤣

• Jared49
    replied
    Ribeye, what’s this "eat around the fat" thing, I’m not familiar with that. 🙄😁

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    replied
    Ribeye for me but I am really picky about my steaks. All things being equal I will take a Strip steak compared to a ribeye with little cap and much fat between muscle groups.

Leave a comment:

• jgreen
    replied
    Would definitely pick the ribeye if grilling, not sure about SV, but the strip is a great steak too.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here