Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef Spiedini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef Spiedini

My family has made these for years.. Same basic ingredients as contained in Troutman's recipe for Chicken Spiedini..They do not last long.. Last time I made them there was enough wood left from toothpicks to build a tiny home...:-)
    Attached Files

Not my chicken recipe but appreciate the props anyway. Those look delicious.

Comment

• SonOfAButcher
      SonOfAButcher commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Sir...My preferred way of eating them is to dunk them in my Marinara sauce..you will have a toothpick graveyard on your plate for sure..

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      Just want to be sure to give credit where credit is due. The chicken spiedini recipe I posted was from the "Operation BBQ" cookbook, not my recipe. I highly recommend that book. And... the beef spiedini sounds and looks great. I'll have to try it. Thanks!

In our family those do not last long. We make them out of beef like the ones you posted and also pork. When people see them on the bbq they start to hover. I think we marinate in oil overnight for some reason don’t hold me to that one I’ll have to ask my aunt.

Comment

Your bio says SC. The only place I’ve ever heard of Spiedies before was the area from Buffalo through Albany NY (& mostly Italian families). Now I’m curious. How did you learn to cook these?

Comment

• SonOfAButcher
        SonOfAButcher commented
        Editing a comment
        Well Sir...
        I am originally from New York..My father had a meat market and deli there, around 80 mile north of NYC..both sets of grandparents came to NYC from Taormina, Sicily..they settled in the Bronx before moving upstate..you guessed well..

• gmascolo51
        gmascolo51 commented
        Editing a comment
        What cut of meat are you using? I love the slicer idea, I think we use like a eye round cut where you cut a butterfly slice, pound out, and then marinate in oil. Next day breadcrumbs on one side and rolled onto a skewer.
        Last edited by gmascolo51; June 25, 2019, 06:57 PM.

• SonOfAButcher
        SonOfAButcher commented
        Editing a comment
        I used a choice rump roast. We always sliced the meat thin on the slicer. We did not soak the meat in oil. The meat is dipped in evoo on one side,and dredged in your favorite breadcrumbs. I make own, which have onion powder,garlic powder,oregano, black pepper and parmesan...I use stale baked Italian bread, and use a food processor to grind the bread. I roll the spiedini with the breadcrumbs inside. I have broiled them ,baked them at 400 till they look crisp, and put them on the grill.

SonOfAButcher ..This looks great! Would kindly, please post the recipe/method? Thanks!

The OmegaDog

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here