Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry brining brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry brining brisket

I trimmed up a Primer full packer brisket and put the dry brine salt on it last Thursday, the 20th, planning to start it Saturday night for Sunday dinner. I knew it was going to rain so I put up my canopy and just before time to put it on, we got a deluge and that's when I found out the top of the canopy now has a leak, right over the smoker. I decided not to do cook since there were more storms coming overnight, so my next opportunity to cook is overnight Tuesday to have it for dinner on Wednesday. I can't do anything about it now, but will it hurt to have the salt on it for 5 days?

longer than ive brined one before but id say it will likely still be fine. people here with much more experience than me though.

Comment

In my opinion, you’re fine. I wouldn’t worry about it at all.

Comment

Go ahead and smoke it but at a higher temp say 275-300 to drive out any excess moisture.

Comment

Smoke it like you normally would. By now the salt ions are probably just discussing what to do now since they've all found a happy place.

Comment

• bardsleyque
            bardsleyque commented
            Editing a comment
            what he said

Bau

Comment

I don’t dry brine brisket anymore. Trim, hit with Dalmatian (50/50 kosher salt and coarse black pepper), into the pit!

Comment

Geese another dry brine post...pass the salt !!!

Comment

Santamarina I don't either, never have over 40 years. Rub may be a little different from the damalmation but still good. Just do it over night.

Comment

During the dry brine stage I would wrap it in plastic wrap so it doesn’t dry out. I do that after the first 24 hours of dry brine.
                  Last edited by jecucolo; June 24, 2019, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here