Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sauce for Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here you go:

https://bbqonmain.com/aaron-franklin...risket-recipe/

Be sure to scroll all the way down.
    Last edited by gcdmd; June 7, 2019, 05:30 PM.

Comment

This is my goto for brisket, pretty good on ribs too. For brisket or short ribs I use it more as a dipping sauce. It's good eats. It's by Aaron Franklin.

Espresso Barbecue Sauce, by Aaron Franklin

Makes about 2 cups

1 1/2 cups ketchup
      1/2 cup white vinegar
      1/2 cup cider vinegar
      1/4 cup dark soy sauce
      1 tablespoon garlic powder
      1 tablespoon onion powder
      1/4 cup brown sugar
      3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) espresso
      Brisket drippings, for flavoring

Mix the ketchup, both vinegars, the soy sauce, garlic and onion powders, and sugar together in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat, stir in the espresso, and then add the brisket drippings to taste.

Comment

Tend to favor a wrap in foil and save the jus that accumulates. I don’t add any liquid to my wrap.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob's BBQ View Post
          Aaron Franklin does a brisket sauce in his 3 part brisket videos. Lots of butter and onion. I've made it a few times and it's always a hit.
          yup, best sauce for BBQ - my go to, and very simple to make!

Comment

I tend to cringe a bit when people sauce my brisket before they even taste it. To each his own I guess.

Comment

• Murdy
              Murdy commented
              Editing a comment
              I was just trying to provide an option to accommodate people's tastes and desires.

I found a apricot BBQ sauce on line that we like on brisket, it goes like this:
            1/4 cup Dijon mustard,
            1 1/2 cups apricot jam/jelly,
            1/2 cup BBQ sauce,
            1 tsp grated fresh ginger,
            1/2 tsp garlic powder,
            2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
            juice of 2 limes.
            Most people that tried this on brisket liked it.

Comment

Stubb's Original is a great Texas bbq sauce made in TX for brisket. Franklin has one you can buy online I believe also or watch the videos that Bob mentioned. These are both thinner and less sweet than a KC sauce. To make a copy cat Stubb's there are plenty of recipes on line. I myself don't use a sauce or if anything a Carolina vinegar sauce to moisten the meat without adding any flavor, it just cuts the extra fat.
              Last edited by mountainsmoker; June 9, 2019, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Steve R.
                Steve R. commented
                Editing a comment
                Agree. But I tend to like the Stubbs' Smoky Mesquite even better.

Gosh, I have never put sauce on a brisket, that I can remember.

I do love cooking where I can capture the au jus and glide my slices through that glorious liquidity!

#SauceFreeZone
              Last edited by PaulstheRibList; June 9, 2019, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• mountainsmoker
                mountainsmoker commented
                Editing a comment
                Most of that liquidity is fat that has melted off that fat cap you left on it. (Smile)

• PaulstheRibList
                PaulstheRibList commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, we trim the fat cap tight, and we trim the fat between the point and flat, so my au jus has some delicious fat in it, but it's not the majority, more like 30%.

Thank you all for the help

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here