Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corned Beef Brisket in the brine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corned Beef Brisket in the brine

I made homemade corned beef last year following MH's recipe. It was so good the family demanded an encore. I just trimmed am 8lb flat from our local BJ's. It will stay in the brine until the 17th. Try it. You will like it!

I've been brining mine for a week, now. Can't wait to try it! Good luck with yours!

Comment

• MrPat
      MrPat commented
      Editing a comment
      TY

and to you. My first, so I need all the good thoughts I can get!

Comment

It never fails. Looking for big briskets for smoking, all I find are tiny ones. Now, looking for smaller briskets for corned beef (don't need 14# of it!), all I find are gi-normous briskets.

ARRGH.

Comment

Same thing here, so I bought a 13# packer and separated the point from the flat. It's all in the brine now. I'll use the flat for St. Patty's corned beef and continue with the point to make Meathead's pastrami.

Comment

Finally got the beef in the brine! Stopped by my regular grocery store for a couple of items and of course cruised by the meat lumps to see what might be hiding there. They had CAB "brisket roasts" which were simply whole packers cut crossways into lumps of about 3 pounds. The Mrs. didn't want a whole lot of corned beef, so I grabbed one lump. The price would have made me wince if I was buying a whole packer, but it still beat the prepared corned beef prices.

It's 7 days to St Paddy's Day so it should be OK.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here