Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know anything about cooking beef heart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grantgallagher
    replied
    Thanks for this. I still have mine in the freezer. Need to find some time to actually cook it.

Leave a comment:

• DiverDriver
    replied
    Wife went out last night with girl friends to a hoity-toity restaurant. I have made this a couple times and pretty much have it figured out. Simple and quick. First off cut to size. Trim any tough bits and fat as well as sinew. I grill (gasser) on very high temp 600 and scatter some wood chips (cherry) for a light wood fire taste. For a rub... garlic powder, onion powder, h salt, savory herbs, and pepper. While the grill heats I tossed on an al. packet of rosemary and red potatoes with a little rendered bacon fat. You have only 2 or 3 minutes per side... Want it super rare but well seared. I shared with my neighbor (retired chef) and he thought I nailed it. Sorry the photos are not up to some I have seen on here. Please critique as this is my first post.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4775.JPG
Views:	290
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	750750

Name:	IMG_4776.JPG
Views:	281
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	750751

Name:	IMG_4777.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	750752

Name:	IMG_4778.JPG
Views:	279
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	750753

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    Ahumadora - Car 54 Where Are You???

Leave a comment:

• JeffJ
    replied
    I know that some coney sauce recipes call for beef heart in lieu of ground chuck.

Leave a comment:

• grantgallagher
    started a topic Anyone know anything about cooking beef heart?

Anyone know anything about cooking beef heart?

I picked up a really nice looking beef heart steak from Porter Road. They recommend sous vide or serving rare since its pretty tough. Anyone sous vide this before and have any idea what temp/how long to shoot for?

The heart is one big, lean, hard-working muscle and a delicious one at that. We trim away the tough sections leaving behind a steak that can be cooked like any other lean cut. These steaks have rich mineral flavor, and dense texture. Note that this is one of the few beef cuts that is removed by our butcher before the d

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here