Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rochester NY Costco Joins USDA Prime Packer Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rochester NY Costco Joins USDA Prime Packer Club

Imagine my surprise and delight today. Had to stop by my local Costco in Rochester NY to have them fix a tire stem. Mechanic said should only take 30 mins or so.
    So, walked around the club and headed to the meat cooler. In the past, all we could get here was Choice brisket flats. I talked to the butcher a few times, begging, pleading for USDA Prime Brisket that I have to buy when I visit my kids on the West Coast - and pack in my suitcase (TSA pulls me over every time ;-)

Anyway, lo and behold I see about 6 USDA Prime Packers for $3.99/lb. Saw the butcher and thanked him - and of course grabbed a nice 12 1/2 lb. Most were around 15-17lbs. He told me they planned on having them at least until Fall. Depends on how they sell.

So, Rochester NY and vicinity members, head over and check em out.

Going to wet age 30-40 days and do the QVQ again!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190521_102949.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.06 MB ID:	682756

Well that's indeed a call to celebrate...let's open a beer !!! Let us know how it turns out.

Comment

I had a similar experience in Midlothian VA. The head butcher told me how long they had them depended on how well they sold. It's been several years, and they still have the primes.

Comment

Fantastic news. Now that you have some pull with them try and convince them to build a Costco near me. My closest one is about 5 hours away.🙂

Comment

Be warned: those briskets have a way of jumping into your cart when you aren't expecting. Even if you just go in for 1 or 2 things somehow one of those will come home with you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here