Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef Rib Rack Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef Rib Rack Today

Windy & cold, so no fishing going on today. Good day to try cooking some beef ribs. Started by opening the rack cryovac bag and separating the rack into 2-bone sections. That gave me 4 sections. Salted them down last night, covered them with plastic wrap, and refrigerated overnight. This morning I applied a good coating of Treager's Beef Rub and then prep'd the grill to 225*F. I also filled my LANNEY 12'' Stainless Steel BBQ Wood Pellet Tube Smoker for Cold/Hot Smoking and lit it - first time using an additional smoke source. I then sprayed my frog mats with PAM and placed them on the raised grill section of my pellet pooper. When the grill reached 225*F, I put the 4 sections of ribs on the mats and inserted 2 temp probes (Inkbird-IRF-4S) and set alarm for 203*F.

It took about 4 1/2 hours to get to 203*F which is about right according to the recipe I used. They were cooked naked the whole time. When I pulled them, I let them rest for about 10 minutes before eating 3 ribs for lunch. My bride had another one and here is what is left.

They look a little dark, but you'll have to trust me when I say they were absolutely D E L I C O U S to eat. We did not put any sauce on them and they were VERY good without any sauce.

I think the darker bark came from letting them sit in the grill for about 15 minutes after the temp alarm went off because we were watching a good movie and it had about that long to go to the end. Next time, I'll put the movie on pause and pull the cook immediately. Lessen learned. Didn't harm the taste at all, but could have looked better.

Also, now that I have a full rib rack under my belt, I think I'll look for individual ribs that have a little more meat on top of the bones. Both the racks I bought have less than a full inch of meat on top. I think 1 1/2 to 2 inches of meat on top would be better; don't you?

Later this week, I'm going to try some of Mr Mixon's Bacon Wrapped Coca Cola Chicken Breasts.

Life is GOOD!

Congrats on a successful cook. The dark color of the ribs is normal, and what most here look for.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup, nuthin wrong with that colour, from where I sit!

Good looking food there. Life is good!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here