Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Godzilla vs. Megalon - Picanha vs. Tri-tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Santa Maria style cooking is nothing more than open fire cooking, similar to grilling on a charcoal cooker without the lid. It harkens back to a time when proteins were cooked hot and fast over open fires, kind of like campfire cooking. The Santa Maria style cookers have open fire boxes and adjustable grates that allow you to control the amount of heat by raising and lowering the grate.

Other than that and specific seasonings and maybe wood type, there really is nothing more than that to it.

I have an inexpensive attachment to my Weber kettle that I use all the time. Tri-tip cooked this way is delicious ClayJones !!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	gabby 05.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	683112

Comment

• ClayJones
      ClayJones commented
      Editing a comment
      Whelp... Guess I'm gonna need to start shopping!

Anybody have a clue as to why Costco takes off the fat cap of the Picanha? Better yet is there a way we can influence Costco to leave it on?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here