Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boneless Short Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying to figure how you get "left overs"!

Comment

Originally posted by HawkerXP View Post
      I'm trying to figure how you get "left overs"!
      You have to HIDE some!

Comment

That's some great looking meat David Parrish .

Comment

Originally posted by RonB View Post
          That's some great looking meat David Parrish .
          Thanks! It was good eatin that's for sure.

Comment

Thanks for the inspiration David Parrish. This looked so good, I picked some of these up at Costco and I'm giving them a whirl on the SNS this weekend! Costco called them short rib chuck boneless. I'll keep you posted on mine. Plan on rubbing with BBBR.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	170.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	207140

Name:	173.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	207141

My first try at boneless short ribs, Kettle with SnS. Oh baby.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                HawkerXP commented
                Editing a comment
                No leftovers.

• ecowper
                ecowper commented
                Editing a comment
                Leftovers? I don't understand what you mean.

Yummy!!

Comment

Wow.

FLAWLESS!

Right down to the repurposing of the leftovers.

Awesome.

Many thanks for the sharing of that cook.

Comment

Tried boneless chuck short ribs the other night, with Mrs. O’Leary’s Cow Crust on them. Cooked on the pellet grill low and slow, then finished on my brand new Grill Grates on the gasser. Then I wrapped them and put them in a faux cambro for about an hour. I learned a couple of things. First, even though the meat was incredibly tasty, it wasn’t as tender as I’d hoped. I pulled them at 197 and 200 degrees respectively, in the interest of time. Not quite probe tender, but not bad. Should I have left them on to 203 or 205? Think that would have made them more tender?

The second thing I learned was that it takes longer than I expected for my Grill Grates to reach searing temps than I expected. Anybody have experience with about how long? I have an old Weber Q-100 single burner (you can see it’s small).

Name:	boneless short ribs.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	270823

Comment

Surprised to see sweet Kansas City style BBQ sauce on your beef. Isn't that like dogs and cats living together? Asking for a friend....;-)

Comment

• Deaf Arty
                    Deaf Arty commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There's no sauce on them. Just what bark resulted from the slow cook. In the photo they've just gone onto the Grill Grates to sear.

• PJBowmaster
                    PJBowmaster commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sorry Deaf, that question was really directed toward Pit Boss. Cheers!

Originally posted by PJBowmaster View Post
                  Surprised to see sweet Kansas City style BBQ sauce on your beef. Isn't that like dogs and cats living together? Asking for a friend....;-)
                  Normally I'd agree, but these tasted a lot like burnt ends except bigger, moister, and juicier. Trust me. They were good!

Comment

Oh, I do trust you. And I'm here to learn.....Thank you for sharing.

Comment

• David Parrish
                      David Parrish commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You bet. Give them a try and let us know what you think!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here